Windows 7 peernet?

Fenway16

Honorable Member
The Peernet icon just showed up on my toolbar - how do I get rid of it? I don't think I need it. Thanks.

Hi - system not available right now - when it becomes so, I will post screenshot. It has been on my system (inactive but listed) for years - now the taskbar no longer has the arrow which allows you to choose which icons show - notifications show - etc. I cannot access that menu any longer since the arrow is gone. I am on win 10 on my laptop writing this. Thanks. Also, when I right click on the icon it says network or connection not available. If I sound fuzzy, a friend is relaying the message she read about it and I can't remember exactly what she said. It was something like that tho.

Not sure what you mean by peernet unless you mean homegroup, which was dropped a few builds ago in Windows 10.

Here are a couple of screenshots.

Attachments

• peer2.JPG
    peer2.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 163
  • peernet.JPG
    peernet.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 143
It looks like a Dell app or some such. I still don't have the arrow which shows the icons and the choices of icon only, notification only or both. I removed Macrium from system a couple of days ago. Don't know if that is related to missing toolbar item.

It got fixed. I right clicked on the toolbar and a menu for toolbar options came up. I was able to get the "notifications" menu back and fix peernet not to show up -- if any of that makes sense.

Back