Windows 7 permissions problem

noko93

Banned
Hi, i have 2 computers, my desktop running W7 build 7057, and my laptop running W7 build 7100. Both were working perfectly. My dad was using the laptop, trying to configure and old printer connected to another PC with windows XP, in the middle of that, he said he "left the Homegroup" and then the permissions of all accounts were screwed up. Now, i can't browse files through my hard drive, every configuration options are blocked because "the system administrator blocked them".

Is there any fix for this problem? or do i have to reinstall the system?

Thanks.

Try going to Start > Run, and type C:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe

It may take a while to pop up.

it didn't work, i enabled the administrator account and logged in, but i still have no privileges to do anything

After reading over your first post, you stated
My dad was using the laptop, trying to configure and old printer connected to another PC with windows XP

If you are truly using Homegroup, the Windows 7 machine can only connect to other Windows 7 machines. That's it, no other OS.

When you ran the Take Ownership registry file, did it say successful or did it produce an error?

You could also try right-clicking on any folder, choose properties, click the Security tab, click Edit, select your username and give yourself Full Control.

Back