Windows 7 Permissions

Bobcoop103

I have a homegroup network consisting of a win 8 computer (A) anda win 7 computer (B) I share a printer and all files on both computers, thereare times when I want to alter files on (A) from (B) or visa versa but I getthe message that I need permissions, how do I get those permissions?

Thanks, Bob

I have a homegroup network consisting of a win 8 computer (A) anda win 7 computer (B) I share a printer and all files on both computers, thereare times when I want to alter files on (A) from (B) or visa versa but I getthe message that I need permissions, how do I get those permissions?

Thanks, Bob
ion
Hey Bob: I was just checking things out and I saw.this Boy, that permissions issues is a doozy. If you haven't received a reply to your help request, I know how to handle the permission. I'm having some very interesting and annoying issues whi
I have a homegroup network consisting of a win 8 computer (A) anda win 7 computer (B) I share a printld
That's one of my problems: getting booted out of every place I go. Another is that words I type just vanish. Things are just peachy. 'If you still need help, I would be more than willing to help you out.

Windows 7 is quite paranoid about permissions. What you should do is to check from Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center what you have working. There are several options, you probably need to check the Homegroup part? And, be sure you are Administrator.

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for your message. Did it sound like I was asking for help? I was actually offering since I know about the permissions issue. I had been plagued with it until someone was nice enough to show me how to do away with permissions. Permissions almost drove me to an early grave. Thanks again.

I got it all wrong. I didn't know your http://windowsforum.com/threads/and...ery-weird-things-going-on.115534/#post-326337 topic. Your offer here was such dubious that I reported it, because it didn't make any sense, and actually sounds quite a lot like one made by a bot.

Well, admin solved the problem. Cheerio. Best wishes.v
e i more
Sir om uom
  • II am overwhelmed by your actions Regardless tje that the wAS "solvef" by admin is irrelevant because there was no issue to begin with. How you could interpret norhing more than a genuine offer of hellp on probably the one subjectn I am familiarr with and turn it into something"dubious" because of other members' actions is ipreposterous. Frurthermorepid ,tin ne aking my ftitle of yyymy first poost for help abd and making it sound questionable and insignificant is not only outyragrous it iis mean. IThr could of messages from you convey an aarrogande I find sio disagreeabllw. I acted towaeds you with nithing more than courtesy and respecr beccause first and foremost I am a lady and brcause o cf my comporttment am treated as such. I cannot fathom why you woulad report a person qho has done norhinfg more than offer help and respooneer in response tp one of your messages, I may havr rlven aplologizrf if the offrt og help was miscondtrued snd unclear, You call into quesrion the title of first posts I made and essentailly try to make me feel stupid and ithat the titke is ncongrous qnd ludicrous.\ I tiopn the tiltle oponse to what I interpreted as beinhhg a bit prete nicntious I relay in the noficesr manner that all I had done wafer help. Thrt a message from hyous bbeing harrassing and untruen bud, if I brecall. As I saod. regard;ess pf whatevr bing solved it id you sir that has made me firsst exp45i4nc4 with thr Forum so un[leadant. I know= that Iill I willnevdf again post an offer of m=help lest it be miscontruef brcause othrrs brhaved i se oands (I \\don'g know which message from you said that admin was senstitivr about thr permissions issuesmaning aIhould have reported , to whuch /I respond politely and like the lady a u am> I believe Imay have apologized to you , and I o and AND which was veryy lightthat I am apologize ithat message was (uncleAR, and the message was cleaourly an offer of assistan inc
  • tecausee lady I am I reply so nicely and assure ypu e that what I had posted was an offer of assistance[/quot
As ypu havre noticrfd, I amhaving sifnificant problrms. Wug ll you report me for sendnna dubiouos looing message? Is thr nature of this form such that ill brhavior is rspoused and civil. friebdk, unsddyming behauiiiir is friwbed upon. I joinws thia Forum for seeeral

Last edited:
What I saw of your post was http://www.mediafire.com/view/70ddd9zu4my5614/Windows_7_Permissions_thread.jpg and such a message could well have been from a bot.

There's absolutely nothing personal here, I hope you can understand that. Misunderstandings do happen.
Sir, I just don't understand how you could view my genuine offer to help a person plagued with the permission issues so / I may not know a lot but I know that subject having learned how to disable permission in less than a minute, I don't know when you reported me but in response to your message, I replied that I was offering help, not soliciting.

It was a misunderstanding, due to a probable lack in the message I read, like you can see in the clip I provided. The message I saw didn't contain any true essence, it was more like an invitation to "get somewhere", and that's quite typical for bots and such. What you sent was probably not what I read.

Quite simply, I think your original message got stumped, leading to the whole mess we're talking about. I hope we get over this, and get on with our lives. I consider the matter discussed.

C
What I saw of your post was http://www.mediafire.com/view/70ddd9zu4my5614/Windows_7_Permissions_thread.jpg and such a message could well have been from a bot.
It was a misunderstanding, due to a probable lack in the message I read, like you can see in the clip I provided. The message I saw didn't contain any true essence, it was more like an invitation to "get somewhere", and that's quite typical for bots and such. What you sent was probably not what I read.

Quite simply, I think your original message got stumped, leading to the whole mess we're talking about. I hope we get over this, and get on with our lives. I consider the matter discussed.
I got over this as soon as I wrote my response to your last message. I find writing extremely recuperative. To show you that I know nothing about computer stuff, I have no idea what a bot is. It would have been silly of me to offer someone help if I did know or understood the workings of Windows. I just happen to know about the issue of permissions.. Lastly, it was not my intention to post that message. As you can see, it is clearly incomplete and at times nonsensical. I wrote it for myself to vent. I was involved in a very serious car accident a few days ago and I'm not quite back to myself. I must have inadvertently clicked on the "post reply.' button. And like you, I consider this triviality closed. It was an insignificant event that had no impact on my life. And besides not know what a bot is, I am having issues navigating through these post sites.

Sir, A misunderstanding is a relatively small disagreement. This was no misunderstanding or disagreement. You in essence had the temerity to imply that I was a liar. The night I offered my services on a subject I am familiar with was the first day of having joined the Forum. I w as excited about showing anyone the simplicity of resolving the issue, I believe it was the following day when I received a message from you. Despite what I felt your message implied I replied in a very agreeable and courteous manner, and like the lady I am. However, I was livid. Your implications were crystal clear. TThe "should" and "needed: you did I found so offensive as they clearly implicated I need to go to various sources to become knowledgeable in area you obviously thought I knew nothing about. But the statement you made about "Window was quite paranoid about permissons." was ludicrous and outrageous. I suspect the arrogance I felt from that message was your attempt to belittle me and possibly scare me because of "Windows paranoia regarding permissions" .Paranoia can oftentimes cause violence because unwarranted fear or go in a completely opposite direction, the biggest of which is.: isolaztion. I don't think people at Microsoft will come after me because I know about the confidential, for your eyes only, top secret of permissions. But that is silly because you may have someonr on the insiide who keeps you up to date on Microsoft position concerning proprietary issurs. Wait, Ithe only reason you have rhe insiscoop on and involves a psyxhiatric condiion knowof th I have been told a very plausible explanation for the inclusion of that idiotic functon but as is evident you may have a source at Microsoft who is in the know about the sentiments of "Windows", who keeps you abreast of Microsoft's positon and sentiments. I know, you play golf with Bill Gates, no no no, your are Bill Gates. company who feelingwas paranoid about reason do and was once your attempt to put me in the place you thought I should be.was your ridiculous whata/onhat Ishould various sourceimplicate that I knew nothing and that I need to checkk I don't I just don't understand how you could view my genuine offer to help a person plagued with the permission issues so / I may not know a lot but I know that subject having learned how to disable permission in less than a minute, I don't know when you reported me but in response to your message, I replied that I was offering help, not soliciting.A
c
There's absolutely nothing personal here, I hope you can understand that. Misunderstandings do happen.

Sir, A misunderstanding is a relatively small disagreement. This was no misunderstanding or disagreement. You in essence had the temerity to imply that I was a liar. The night I offered my services on a subject I am familiar with was the first day of having joined the Forum. I w as excited about showing anyone the simplicity of resolving the issue, I believe it was the following day when I received a message from you. Despite what I felt your message implied I replied in a very agreeable and courteous manner, and like the lady I am. However, I was livid. Your implications were crystal clear. TThe "should" and "needed: you did I found so offensive as they clearly implicated I need to go to various sources to become knowledgeable in area you obviously thought I knew nothing about. But the statement you made about "Window was quite paranoid about permissons." was ludicrous and outrageous. I suspect the arrogance I felt from that message was your attempt to belittle me and possibly scare me because of "Windows paranoia regarding permissions" .Paranoia can oftentimes cause violence because unwarranted fear or go in a completely opposite direction, the biggest of which is.: isolaztion. I don't think people at Microsoft will come after me because I know about the confidential, for your eyes only, top secret of permissions. But that is silly because you may have someonr on the insiide who keeps you up to date on Microsoft position concerning proprietary issurs. Wait, Ithe only reason you have rhe insiscoop on and involves a psyxhiatric condiion knowof th I have been told a very plausible explanation for the inclusion of that idiotic functon but as is evident you may have a source at Microsoft who is in the know about the sentiments of "Windows", who keeps you abreast of Microsoft's positon and sentiments. I know, you play golf with Bill Gates, no no no, your are Bill Gates. company who feelingwas paranoid about reason do and was once your attempt to put me in the place you thought I should be.was your ridiculous whata/onhat Ishould various sourceimplicate that I knew nothing and that I need to checkk I don't I just don't understand how you could view my genuine offer to help a person plagued with the permission issues so / I may not know a lot but I know that subject having learned how to disable permission in less than a minute, I don't know when you reported me but in response to your message, I replied that I was offering help, not soliciting.A
c

I'm sad to hear about your car accident, I had a bike accident two years ago, twisted my knee badly.

But to state a fact, I never called you a liar. Based on some previous experiences, I made the wrong judgement that "this could be a bot". It was a mistake, and I sincerely apologize for any hurt or insult or offense. To make a point, if anyone gets a red mark about this, it'll be me.

Besides, even small misunderstandings have led to war.

Hi, Thanks you for the very kind message. If you find words missing, letter, anything that's not correct it's bwant ecause something's wrong with my laptop. It is being worked on piece by piece, everything is being checked,but I can use it in the evenings. It is operating shamefullyack any more to fix stuff because it changes back sometimes, but going back to fix something takes too much time considering my typing speed.. I'm having to type at about 5 wpm. It's the only way to minimize problems which still occur but less frequently.
I'm sorry to hear about your biking accident. I am a knee expert, having had them scoped 7 times (4 right, 3 left). I hope that it healed and that you did not have residual problems. About the car accident, it was only because God loves that I wasn't me killed, maimed or suffered a very injury. My SUV flpped over , front to back , 2 times and then rolled several times. I sustained a scratch to one of my fingers. So, it's a God.

Well, thanks so much for the message. It brightened my otherwise f=dull dsy. You should know that I don't speak computer - yet. Two days ago I learned what bios was, So, could let me know whar a "bot' Dors it have to do with being bothersome? Again, thanks so much.
cleardot.gif

The bot issue is quite well explained in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot

They are very nasty things. Another nasty thing is that people who want to harm others, try to make innocent people's computers into bots = one bandit may have hundreds of computers subdued to spread messages, and these victims don't know about it. In the 90's, a leading nerd was asked, how many persons he would need to control all IT traffic in the world, and his answer was TWO. It's very vulnerable, the whole Internet.

On the other hand, there are friendly bots, like those from Microsoft and Google. They are harmless information collectors, trying to improve things. There's the typical duality of Market Researchers vs. Bad Secret Agents. Heh.

Glad we got in on peaceful ground. :bighug:

Thanks, I will read the article after doing a scan. I'm hating life, with this laptop running likinrxple a piece of cheese I'm a bit crazy already. I don't need a stupid piece of cheese taking me to the dark side. Nope. So, I'm doing a scan. This piece of sushi (the cheese is a little too fattexabening) (I'm done fixing the mistakes that arehapprnirg ) has probably been scanned over 100 times and nothing ever shows up. It'ys done a couple of inexplicable things, things I had never heard, I don't think anyone believed me, so it hA [[ happened over the weekend and I took a picture of it. I know you're curious now so I\ll tell you. It's happened twice, the first 3 weeks ago and then this weekenyd. Onr morning, I open the lip of the lapton (I had it in sleep mode). and on the desktop there is an 8-1/2 by11 piece of whire white paper. It looked exactly like s omeone had slipped thr paprt in between the glass and the back. I really spooked me because a had never seen or hearof anyone having that happen. It was just ordinar whi te paper, copyy paper, regular paprr. It was covering my desktip, not everything but a lot of this. It hadnothing to vlose ckis close it with, like what we have, those thinngs in the corner of screens to minnimize or make tiny so what I did was I took those little lines That shop up when you get to a slide side of a texr box, anythihg really that you could shrink and I used those on each side pushing the asiuntil it was small enough to move off the desktop. It was gone after 10 minutres. So 2 times. And on onr occsdioin occasion, it wasn't paper, it was a 3 x 5 lined card. I'm mpt not jokin.g. Kind of scarrry, I don't under stand how a person who has been "botten" wouldn't know it... If another person takes your g . . . very strange things are happening. I copy and paste rvey 2 sentences so if (it'sm ore likr when) if I lose it I have it can [aste it om. It won't lt me copy and then thr keys stopped displaying. aiI am typing so slowlyy. Sorry I got carried away with my story. I domrtimrd sometimrss grt sidetrac ked and start talking anf talkin anf talkin. Thr lasst thing I eant es want to say is have you ever heard of any who is ;l plagued with office supplirs? I'm wondering if you've ever heard of such a weird thing? I haven't and it's sorrrt of scary.

Did you receive an incomplete message? If so, my laptop thought that you should read it now. This thing's a mess. (it just let me copy so I'm not as paranoid sbpou abouh hacvub havub about having gthis disappear). I knoe a sentence has moved. Dorry for not fixing thr errors. It would simply take etirely too long to finish. aS it is, it's takng a long time. I'm sure you can firgure whatr I'm tryying to say. Her'e's hoping that something goofd clomes comes from the scan i'm going to do. And, yes, I am very glad there now is no more discord betweeeeen us. (NOW Ir it wonl'lt let me go to thr thr ne z next line, like a r=typewriter's carriage treturn OMG I just reASD reread ypu your message and the first timr I did there wasn't a secjong second paragraph.I r I guess my laptop is now censoring my things. One other thing: was there a link in your message? Gaby

I do

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Windows Forum <[email protected]> wrote:
Windows Forum
Gaby Martin, Titanic replied to a thread you are watching at Windows Forum.

Windows 7 - Permissions
The bot issue is quite well explained in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot

They are very nasty things. Another nasty thing is that people who want to harm others, try to make innocent people's computers into bots = one bandit may have hundreds of computers subdued to spread messages, and these victims don't know about it. In the 90's, a leading nerd was asked, how many persons he would need to control all IT traffic in the world, and his answer was TWO. It's very vulnerable, the whole Internet.

On the other hand, there are friendly bots, like those from Microsoft and Google. They are harmless information collectors, trying to improve things. There's the typical duality of Market Researchers vs. Bad Secret Agents. Heh.

Glad we got in on peaceful ground,
View this ThreadUnread Watched Threads
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread Windows 7 - Permissions at Windows Forum with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

http://windowsforum.com/

Back
Top Bottom