Windows 7 Persistent "Unidentified Network, No internet access" problem

sneaky

Hello I have a very irritating internet problem, which I just can't seem to go away.

Recently a bought a new Link Removed - Invalid URL laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit installed on it. After putting the Ethernet cable of my pc directly in the Laptop, Windows 7 started to identify the connection and eventually stated that it wasn't able to connect by listing "Unidentified Network", "No internet access". This is the same cable to works just fine when plugged in my Windows XP PC.
After right clicking the Windows tried to address the problem, but was unable solve it entirely since "LAN-connection doesn't have valid IP-Configuration".

I tried to google for a solution and apparently I am not the only one with this specific problem, yet the solutions I read on this and other forums haven't solved my connectionproblem so far:

After checking, I am sure I don't have the Bonjour service on my laptop, nor the string that apparently causes many of these issues.
I have updated my modem driver to the latest version.
I have disable and enable the controller various times without success.
IPv 6 is not checked.

See below for a screen shot of my ipconfig /all results

Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem? I haven't been able to connect to internet with this laptop since I got it a few days ago.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• screenshot..jpg
    screenshot..jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 1,027
You wouldn't normally network two PCs in this manner unless
1. You were running Internet connection sharing on the Desktop or
2. You were trying to setup an adhoc network for internal file sharing
In both cases, such a connection may or may not require a crossover cable, depending on each PC's Network adapter's ability to handle internally crossing over the appropriate wires in the four pair set.
Typically, you would use a router with switch ports or a seperate switch device to handle such connections.

Back
Top Bottom