Phantom Drive showing in Computer

nitewulf

Honorable Member
Somehow I've ended up with a "phantom" local disk Q showing in Computer. It shows as 0 bytes used and 0 free; it cannot be accessed. It does NOT show in either disk management or device manager. It is not my card reader which is removable drive F. I do not have an external drive connected of any type. I have 2 harddrives installed, C and D. I cannot use system restore as I somehow had turned it off (it's now back on). I uninstalled several applications from around the date first noticed, but it's still there. I guess it won't hurt anything, but does anyone know of a method, registry edit or any way to remove such a "ghost drive".?

I had to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 Beta to get rid of the "Phantom Drive." I don't know if this will help you or not but it did me.

nitewulf

Honorable Member
I had to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 Beta to get rid of the "Phantom Drive." I don't know if this will help you or not but it did me.
Thanks! That's exactly what it was. Removing Office 2010 Beta removed the phantom drive.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.