Windows 8 PHOTO SOFTWARE

craftgirl

So there is a photo STICKY on the START UP SCREEN. I put a few pics in the photos folder and they scroll on the desktop.

#1. Is there a way to select <or better yet, DESELECT> the photos that appear in the SCROLL ... and
#2. Is there a photo editor in WIN8 at all? I've looked and tried to click on a picture to edit it to no avail. I looked on Canon's website and the ZOOMBROWSER software is not available for WIN8 x64. Whattodo whattodo...that is my favorite photo app that works well with my camera. THOUGHTS?

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE WIN8 EXEPERIENCE and EXPERTISE! :)

If you right click the folder that these pictures are located in and uncheck index file contents, then disable and re-enable the live tile on the photo hub, they shouldn't appear. Only catch is you have to put photos you don't want to appear in a separate folder.

I went into ALL APPS, COMPUTER, and then PICTURES. I have the picture I don't want to scroll in its own folder as you suggested (I will add others once I figure this thing out). When I right click, however, I do not see anything that says INDEX FILE CONTENTS. More help is needed. THANKS!

'cg',

If I'm on the right wavelength regarding your query...

> Personalize (Rt Clk on Desktop, it's the last thing @ the bottom of the menu) > Desktop Slide Show & click on that. In the scroll box select the 'group' of photos you want to use. Clear ALL, then next select the ones you DO want. Set the time interval & Shuffle or not & you're done :)

I use what's in Pictures Library @ 10 secs.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo (2013_02_06 10_30_24 UTC).jpg

You mean in the photo app on the start screen, right? You have to put pictures you dint want to appear in a separate folder and then right click the FOLDER and go to properties>> advanced>> uncheck "allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in additional to properties". Or I suppose you could move the folder to a different location that wasn't included in your picture library.

Back
Top Bottom