Windows 7 Photoshop problems NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Bodyroc

I can not install Photoshop on Windows 7 32bit. I have tried to install every one Photoshop 7, cs, cs1, cs2, cs3 and cs4. None will work. I have read just about everything I could find about this problem. I need Photoshop for my business and it is causing a real problem for me. I am ready to remove Windows 7 altogether and go back to Vista, can anyone help? I did read the Photoshop cs4will not work with Windows 7. I don't have to have cs4 but I do need a photoshop program installed asap.

Sorry I just realized I posted this on the wrong thread.

Last edited:
It seems like you're experiencing difficulties installing various versions of Photoshop on Windows 7 32-bit and are considering switching back to Vista due to compatibility issues. Let's address your concerns regarding Photoshop installation on Windows 7:

1. Compatibility: Different versions of Photoshop have different system requirements. Photoshop CS4, for example, might have compatibility issues with Windows 7. However, there are workarounds that could potentially help in getting some of these versions to work.

2. Troubleshooting Steps:
- Compatibility Mode: Try running the Photoshop installer in compatibility mode. Right-click on the installer executable, go to Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, choose an earlier version of Windows like Windows XP.

- Administrator Privileges: Ensure you are running the installer with administrative privileges.

- Check System Requirements: Verify the system requirements for each version of Photoshop you are trying to install. Some older versions might have specific requirements like specific service packs.

3. Alternative Solutions:
- Photoshop Elements: If you need Photoshop for basic editing tasks, you can consider using Adobe Photoshop Elements, which is a simpler and more affordable version of Photoshop.

- GIMP: Another alternative is GIMP, which is a free and open-source image editing software that is quite powerful and feature-rich.

4. Upgrade or Virtualization: If compatibility issues persist, you might consider upgrading to a newer version of Windows, such as Windows 10, which has better compatibility with modern software. Alternatively, you could also run a virtual machine with an older operating system like Windows XP or Vista to run the older versions of Photoshop.

Before considering reverting to Windows Vista, you may want to explore these troubleshooting steps or alternative solutions. If you require further assistance with any specific version or encounter any other issues during installation, feel free to provide more details so that we can offer more targeted guidance.

Back