Windows 7 Picture freeze.

Mike Blake

Hi all, I,m running a gtx 295 Grafic card on 2 monitors. When playing WoW on first monitor and watching TV on second monitor, I get a picture freeze on the TV picture. If I put WoW down on the task bar then picture advances as it should. As soon as I continue player WoW, then picture freeze on TV monitor.
All drivers are the newest available, downloaded yesterday. TV card is MSI TV@anyware Satellite Pro. Main board Gigabyte EX58-UD3R with 8 gig RAM.

Last edited:
Hi Mike,
Sorry for the lateness in replying.

Couple of questions for you.. A: Is the system Bios the latest version?
B: Have you checked the RAM for errors? (even new RAM can be faulty)

Thanks for answer. RAM according to windows is fine. Don't trust myself tweeking in bios. How do I check if BIOS is newest?

Hi Mike,
just for future ref' your boards web page is here:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3449

I checked the Bios section and as you can see from the screenshot there is only one Bios version available.

Just going back to your RAM.. The windows app which checks the validity of the RAM isn't exactly the best and errors can be missed. An easy way for you to check if the RAM is ok is to run the machine (to reproduce the error) with just one stick of RAM in at a time. Now if you find that you get the error with one stick and not the other then you know which is the bad stick. I know it sounds like a pain in the *** but fault finding, I'm afraid, always is....
Let us know how you get on.

The release date of the BIOS confuses me somewhat as I bought the system last year. Release date ist fram April this year :p RAM check as suggested complete and OK.

Hi Mike,
well you do have a dual bios which helps prevent catastrophies check out the web page and do watch the matrix inspired flash file as it's quite funny:
http://javascript<b></b>:;

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Gigabyte has an app which makes the process automated:
@BIOS

Although you do get chance to halt the process at key points so if it looks like it's going to give you the same Bios then cancel the process.
Lastly when you say all drivers are updated, does that mean the chipset too? Please excuse my asking but they are often overlooked..

Last edited:
I think I'll let the BIOS be BIOS and leave it as it is :p Chip set drivers were updated last week. Reference BIOS, there's too much that can go wrong and I would like a running system.

I respect your concerns Mike but as I said above having a dual bios negates most of the risks. Anyway I completely understand your reluctance so let's try and find another area for a solution..

Do you use a third party app to watch TV with? Having read through your post again I just wonder if the TV isn't actually freezing but being paused whilst you play the game?
Are you sure there isn't a setting hidden away somewhere?

There were simply too many different BIOS files on the download list und I couldn't decide which one was the correct one. I'm using a Cyberlink software for my TV card, but couldn't find any options for pausing or stopping the programm while something else is running.

Hmm... Mike have you tried running the task manager at the same time in an effort to get more information on what's actually happening? I guess you could try running WOW windowed to make things easier..

Home again :D Start my computer, my BIOS ran into problems :( Looks like I'm going to have to take a bite of the sour apple und update my BIOS. I'm still not sure which of the files to use. Will look into it closer tomorrow morning and post result, that is if my unit is still running:tongue:

Hi Mike,
welcome back! Yup, just let us know if you need any help..

Back