Windows 7 Pictures

m139139

I have Windows 7 and when I receive pictures via e-mail, they don't show up as pictures. They show up as square frames with a small red 'x'.

How can I view the pictures?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mimi

Hi Pat,

Sorry that it took so long for me to reply, but I was out of the house for awhile. I did try the suggestion, view content and it definitely worked. There were downloads, but I like to know that I can view a picture regardless of whether or not there are downloads.

Thanks for your help.

Mimi:razz:

Mimi,

If someone has sent you a photo, in the body or as an attachment, even the attached file can be opened (viewed); downloading doesn't come into the picture ('cuse the pun). The image can either be opened (viewed) or saved. Certainly one may have to get past the allow or permissions bit but, after that...

In Outlook, for example, goes a step beyond, in that one can Preview a file, say a PPS & not, even, actually Open it, per se.

Drew

Drew,

Thanks for your help; however, I don't use Outlook at all. If they are downloads, no problem. Pat Cook also told me to click on "VIEW CONTENT" and that help, especially as the pictures were in the body of the e-mail.

By the way I love puns and punning!

Mimi

Mimi,

Yes, after View Content, manipulating photos from the E-mail body is a cinch. I had only mentioned the Preview in Outlook as an interesting 'aside'.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

Cheers,
Drew

Drew,

Thanks again.

I've been putting my photographs into folders and onto an external hard drive. I also noticed that photographs that remain in the Library under "Pictures" have a tendancy to disappear.

Take care.

Mimi

Hmmm, they do? Only if Moved, rather than Copied.

Indeed, putting such things on an external is always cool.

Cheers,
Drew

Drew

I try to clean out unimportant stuff and put the rest into folders. My external drive is 250GBs and is a Seacrest.

Mimi

Back