Pimnote is a new text editor handy for note taking

greenswild

Note taking with text editors is the best way I've ever used. The real note taking software keep files locally which is risky for data loss when the operating fails or when the notebook is stolen. Word processors are too clunky and risky of data loss when crashed. Mozilla Composer is the fast html editor but it doesn't remember the last stop line. Finding the line every time after opening is clumsy and sometimes I can't remember the last edited text. Opening a html file using a web browser is slow even with a lightweight one like Seamonkey browser.

After looking for the faster ways, I turned to text editors because they start very fast, usually in a second. Editplus can remember the last stop line but the recent list can keep only 50 filenames and it doesn't recognize UTF8 encoding well. Most text editors freeze from checking a remote file when the internet connection is unstable. Finally, I turn to Pimnote and feel better so far but it opens a very large file slower than Editplus and Mozilla Composer.

Currently I use Pimnote for keeping text and Mozilla Composer for keeping tables and images (in base64 html code) when opening each image separately is less convenient. Any alternatives?

well onenote comes free with Windows 8 or above and can take most file types... really the only downside is people don't trust Microsoft to store all their important stuff

There are several text editors and note-taking apps that you may find useful based on your requirements:
  1. Notepad++: It is a popular open-source text editor with many advanced features like syntax highlighting, macro recording, and plugin support. It also remembers the last line of text edited and supports multiple tabs.
  2. Simplenote: It is a lightweight and cross-platform note-taking app that syncs your notes across all your devices. It allows you to organize your notes using tags and can be accessed from a web browser.
  3. Evernote: It is a feature-rich note-taking app that allows you to create notes, to-do lists, and audio recordings. It also supports cross-platform syncing and can be accessed from a web browser.
  4. Google Keep: It is a simple note-taking app by Google that allows you to create notes, to-do lists, and reminders. It syncs your notes across all your devices and can be accessed from a web browser.
  5. Joplin: It is an open-source note-taking and to-do app that supports end-to-end encryption and can sync your notes across multiple devices.

Back
Top Bottom