Windows 7 Pinned Taskbar Icon Problem

TDW

I originally pinned windows explorer to the taskbar. I added specific folder destinations to it, so when I right clicked on it it would show some folders that I liked to get to quickly (like pictures, music, downloads, etc.. That was on top of the recent items that it automatically put in there.

All of a sudden a couple of days ago, when I right click on it, the only options that it would give me were "windows explorer", "Unpin this program from the taskbar", and "close this window" when I had it open. I don't know what happened to all of the other options like the recent items and the destination folders that I had added.

I tried unpinning it and then re-adding it but it still remained the same. I tried restarting but that didn't do anything. I guess I could try doing a system restore, but that seems a bit overkill just for this problem. I would like to try to solve this problem without doing that so in case this happens again I can figure out a solution.

If anything at all has changed in the past couple of days it would be that I installed Growl and Growl email. I am not using them for anything really other than sending notifications to my iphone through firefox. And none of the other icons are being affected with their functions when I right click on them, so I am assuming that-that isn't the problem.

Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom