Windows 7 Plagued with this "processor Power Management features have been turned off"

jnunez

Hello all, I have searched quite a bit for this problem, and usually it leads no where or people just didn't respond to others with my same problem.

First here are my system specs
Core i7 3.9 Ghz
Foxconn Bloodrage X58
6GB OCZ 1600 triple channel
PC Power and Cooling 750watt
Water cooled system with Apogee GTZ on CPU and idle temps of 40C at 86F room temp (load temps of 55C on Prime 95)

Anytime I have gone over 4.1 Ghz, and even at 4.0 ghz, the computer passes 25 Intel Burn Tests fine and has done Prime 95 for 4 hrs until I got this error for every core:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
Date: 8/31/2009 7:21:57 PM
Event ID: 35
Task Category: (2)
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Julio-PC
Description:
Performance power management features on processor 3 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power" Guid="{0F67E49F-FE51-4E9F-B490-6F2948CC6027}" />
<EventID>35</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>2</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-09-01T02:21:57.284413700Z" />
<EventRecordID>16914</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="44" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Julio-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="Group">0</Data>
<Data Name="Number">3</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I will get this error either while gaming or while browsing the net or playing music/videos

I have made sure all power saving features are off in bios, I have EIST enabled and Turbo mode because that is the only way that the Bloodrage will do 21X multiplier. I have seen many bloodrage owners with chips over 4.0 Ghz and a few have said they get this error once in a while.

Does anyone know if there is a way to shut off all Windows Processor Power Management options or all Power Saving features? I noticed for Proc Power Mgmt in the Power Options I have it to Active "Increase fan speed before decreasing rpocessor speed"

Hi all,

I have the same basic problem with a Quad Core Q6600 Processor. The error is driving me nuts. Why is Windows 7 balking at this?

Curt

Back