Windows 7 Please Help - disabling LAN PropertiesFor

kmn3686

Here is what I need to do..... I need to disable the properties for the lan adapter in Windows 7. For instance, a user right clicks on there network adapter and properties is disabled.

These systems are on a domain. I successfully achieved this with Windows XP machines using a GPO, however, the GPO does not work in Windows 7. So I figured I could achieve this via a registry edit. However, for the life of me I can not find the registry edit for Windows 7 that will allow me to do this. I can find the reg key in windows xp that will allow you disable the properties but I can not find the reg key or anyway in Windows 7.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ideally I would like to locate the reg key that will allow me to disable the lan properties and I can push that out via GPO.

Thank you,

Here is what I need to do..... I need to disable the properties for the lan adapter in Windows 7. For instance, a user right clicks on there network adapter and properties is disabled.

These systems are on a domain. I successfully achieved this with Windows XP machines using a GPO, however, the GPO does not work in Windows 7. So I figured I could achieve this via a registry edit. However, for the life of me I can not find the registry edit for Windows 7 that will allow me to do this. I can find the reg key in windows xp that will allow you disable the properties but I can not find the reg key or anyway in Windows 7.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ideally I would like to locate the reg key that will allow me to disable the lan properties and I can push that out via GPO.

Thank you,
You have not stated what flavor of Windows 7 you are utilizing. But for now, follow this lead. Local Group Policy Editor - Open - Windows 7 Forums

We are deploying Windows 7 professional. Thanks for passing along the lead, however I need to push the change out to over 100 systems that are on a domain. So I am not sure how the local GPO editor will help as I need to push out the change over the domain.

Back
Top Bottom