Windows 7 PLEASE HELP! i just wanna log in normally!

paradive

so, i had a reinstall.
i set up for the next week or 2 under "owner", which i changed to "james", then a WEEK LATER, realized it was still saving everything to c:\owner instead of c:\james.

annoyed by this, i copied everything to c:\james then changed some registry values: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList where i set them all to point to c:\james instead of c:\owner.

now..... nothing.
all i get EVERY TIME i log in is a default desktop and "you've logged into a temporary account" bubble.

PLEASE TELL ME SOME IDEAS! THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE!

***EDIT*** got it.

Last edited:
You don't say which version of Windows 7 you are currently having issues with (Home Basic or Premium, Pro or Above).
I've had this issue before but only with domain user accounts, so ....
The first thing I would recommend since you've stated you've altered the registry is to first attempt a system restore to a point in time prior to the problem first occurring or perhaps at least before the problem became worse as the current issue suggests.
Second I would recommend either activating the local (hidden) administrator account or creating another local account as a member of the local administrator's group and use that account to further your trouble shooting efforts.
This is the article I used to resolve my own problem regarding an identical issue.
Error message: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded
Good luck and keep us posted as to how you are progressing.
Regards
Randy

You don't say which version of Windows 7 you are currently having issues with (Home Basic or Premium, Pro or Above).
I've had this issue before but only with domain user accounts, so ....
The first thing I would recommend since you've stated you've altered the registry is to first attempt a system restore to a point in time prior to the problem first occurring or perhaps at least before the problem became worse as the current issue suggests.
Second I would recommend either activating the local (hidden) administrator account or creating another local account as a member of the local administrator's group and use that account to further your trouble shooting efforts.
This is the article I used to resolve my own problem regarding an identical issue.
Error message: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded
Good luck and keep us posted as to how you are progressing.
Regards
Randy

ultimate.
i got it temporarily fixed.
in that i pointed all accounts to the old "owner" folder and just log in as Administrator now.......
not perfect, but it works.

Back
Top Bottom