Please help. Identifying - no internet access. windows 7!!

Ok I have been dealing with this problem for about 5 days and I can't stand it anymore. My home internet constantly is on identifying no internet access. But I can connect to the wireless. Sometimes it works for a bit then drops off to no internet access. This is very frustrating and I am running 64bit windows 7.

I AM NOT VERY GOOD WITH COMPUTERS so I may need instructions if it is too complicated. Please help me this is driving me crazy.

I have tried to reset the router and all the easy things.
It also drops to no internet for my xbox and ipod touch also. :mad::mad:

A few things- the computer is brand new, the wireless in unsecured, and we have 2 of these computers and the other one works fine?????? BUT my xbox and ipod touch both drop it too, so it can't just be my computer?

Last edited:

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi bmx,
have you tried contacting your ISP? Also have you ran any malware or anti virus scans?

The computer is brand new i doubt I have an viruses and I don't think it is my ISP because other computers work but mine doesnt and neither does my xbox or ipod (which is why I think it isn't a virus also)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.