Windows 7 Please help, strange UI

Jordan0301

Hey guys, I just installed Windows 7 on a new Hardriver, only HD I'm running on this system...booted from disk, installed fine...got to the setup screen, everything looks wonderful. Restarted and booted from hardrive...now I no longer have the pretty fish background, with aero look etc....No I have no background, regular looking icons, a grey bar for the "task bar" and if I try and click anything like control pannel...it tells me "Windows cann't access the specified device....may not have permission...etc." And nothing works.

What happened?!? Please help!

Jordan

first try rebooting....then right click on desktop and go to personalize...then give it your desired settings.....if this doesnt work please repost with a more specific question

Not sure

Not sure how to be more specific...when I log in under administrator, I can't click anything without getting the permission error, also the back ground and graphics are all very basic, no special features. The main problem is not being able to click on control pannel, or computer, or anything of the sort without geting the "permission" error.

Hey guys, I just installed Windows 7 on a new Hardriver, only HD I'm running on this system...booted from disk, installed fine...got to the setup screen, everything looks wonderful. Restarted and booted from hardrive...now I no longer have the pretty fish background, with aero look etc....No I have no background, regular looking icons, a grey bar for the "task bar" and if I try and click anything like control pannel...it tells me "Windows cann't access the specified device....may not have permission...etc." And nothing works.

What happened?!? Please help!

Jordan

try going to device manager (start, right click my computer, properties, device manager) and select display adapters and install a driver from windows update. when i installed windows 7 i had to find the right graphics driver to get aero to work

Back