Windows 8 Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimit

Honorable Member
I was on my AIO Desktop which has Genuine Windows 8.1 Pro but it licence expires on October 8, 2015 so can you guys please please tell me how can i stop it expires?

AIO = {All in one} a type of touch screen computer that has everything built into the monitor.
serveimage

They are made by lots of different company makers and ime no two look alike so;
1. make , model?
2. If it is a genuine (stand alone) 8.1 key then is should not expire unless you didn't activate it... basicly this needs a Microsoft email id,... is the system giving you an error of some sort at boot and can you take a screenshot of it?
3. Is the key from another machine or has the original hdd perhaps been replaced?
p.s. 4. have you perhaps used this key on one of your V-machines as well?

Last edited:
AIO = {All in one} a type of touch screen computer that has everything built into the monitor.
serveimage

They are made by lots of different company makers and ime no two look alike so;
1. make , model?
2. If it is a genuine (stand alone) 8.1 key then is should not expire unless you didn't activate it... basicly this needs a Microsoft email id,... is the system giving you an error of some sort at boot and can you take a screenshot of it?
3. Is the key from another machine or has the original hdd perhaps been replaced?
p.s. 4. have you perhaps used this key on one of your V-machines as well?
I googled for pro version product key year ago everything working fine even i activated it using Microsoft Toolkit but now it asking to renew license but the pc is activated, also i am getting this error;
NjjeH.png
Please help, clicking Activate does nothing.

You need to phone Microsoft support and please do not use the personal message app to ask for help with threads.

...I googled for pro version product key year ago everything working fine even i activated it using Microsoft Toolkit but now it asking to renew license but...
:p

If this desktop really came with a legit Windows 8...
Try to retrieve the key that is embedded in the "Bios". After that just use that key to activate...

OTT

licence expires on October 8, 2015
mmm the screenshot says 10th of March 2015.

Try to retrieve the key that is embedded in the "Bios". After that just use that key to activate...
Yes but I assume he needs pro for hyper-v? So thats 7, 8, 8.1 (pro) and upgrade it to WX or just go ahead and purchase a wx pro... they all go for about $50 each now days, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

:p

OTT

mmm the screenshot says 10th of March 2015.

Yes but I assume he needs pro for hyper-v? So thats 7, 8, 8.1 (pro) and upgrade it to WX or just go ahead and purchase a wx pro... they all go for about $50 each now days, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

If you have a valid license you should open a command prompt and type slmgr /xpr

This will tell you when the license expired and/or what is going on as far as the operating system is concerned. And, has been said, by all means, contact the activation phone number for Microsoft. Here is a link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/326851
What if i upgrade the desktop to Windows 10? my laptop was in same the situation but it did'nt given a notification of expires, by the way it comes legit activated Windows 8.1 pre installed with bing but i entered a pro version product key and it asks for activation and that time i activated with the toolkit after that's all it says it will expire in October and i thought i would do something when the month is near and now!

The only legit key you have is for your original Windows 8.1 (with Bing Desktop) and it's in the "Bios" of your desktop !

All the rest is... :pirate:
Please correct me if I'm wrong !

OTT

Yes, if you put your original key (reinstall fresh Windows 8.1 home/ not pro needed) then you can upgrade that to Windows home 10.

fyi the way to add a legit pro licence over a home install is by the "add features" tool in your control panel... doing this swaps one licence for the other and only the new key remains.
Screenshot (150).png

The only legit key you have is for your original Windows 8.1 (with Bing Desktop) and it's in the "Bios" of your desktop !

All the rest is... :pirate:
Please correct me if I'm wrong !

OTT
Is the original one works over the pro? i want to recover without leading into BIOS

Yes, if you put your original key (reinstall fresh Windows 8.1 home/ not pro needed) then you can upgrade that to Windows home 10.
fyi the way to add a legit pro licence over a home install is by the "add features" tool in your control panel... doing this swaps one licence for the other and only the new key remains.
View attachment 30805
My laptop was pro version and it licence gonna expire in November and when i upgraded to Windows 10, it is hidden.

Like ussnorway said :
The original legal key is only going to work for your original Windows 8.1 (with Bing Desktop).
From there you can upgrade to Windows 10...

To retrieve the embedded key use one of these, no need to go into the Bios !

OTT

Like ussnorway said :
The original legal key is only going to work for your original Windows 8.1 (with Bing Desktop).
From there you can upgrade to Windows 10...

To retrieve the embedded key use one of these, no need to go into the Bios !

OTT
There is already Windows 10 upgrade available on pro version.

We have given you the legal options and that’s as far as we're willing to go… reading between the lines… is hoping to get a "how to hack windows" discussion going which isn't something I think this forum allows.

Others have chipped in to help and I'm convinced that between us, we have given all the available options… this discussion is now starting to cycle back in on itself so I'm locking this thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom