Windows 7 Please help.

awestley

• Story: Saturday night I went to sync my iphone with itunes. When I plugged it in. I received a blue screen. I wasn't able to document what is said because it restarted my computer. On startup it displayed this message. Now when i try to open Itunes, it will blue screen and restart. I've uninstalled and installed multiple times. I have been using the same configurations the whole life of my computer, and this started happening Saturday. Only modifications since then has been a couple security updates.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF880010E0FCC
BCP3: FFFFF88008E3B8C0
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030110-19765-01.dmp
C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1495706-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• My PC: Windows Home Premium 64 Bit, AMD Athlon II Dual Core M300, 4 GB Ram,

• Any information would be helpful because this is quite frustrating. Thanks in advance!

I suppose the obvious question is, if you uninstall iTunes do the bluescreens stop?

The info you post seems to have no content. The description is in the mini-dump file that some folks can read. Zip it and attach it in your next post.

Do you show any errors or warnings that might be related to the problem in the event viewer?

Are you running the 32 or 64 bit version of Win 7?

to setup minidumps and stop the auto restart ...............
  1. Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
  2. Click on the Advanced tab
  3. Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
  4. Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
  5. Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
  6. Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
  7. Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
;)

I suppose the obvious question is, if you uninstall iTunes do the bluescreens stop?

Correct. I get no more blue screens.

Do you show any errors or warnings that might be related to the problem in the event viewer?

What exactly should I be looking for in Event Viewer?

Are you running the 32 or 64 bit version of Win 7?

64 Bit

Prevent Avast from loading and see if you get the same error

I would uninstall Avast anti-virus and choose AVG or Avira

Now re-install Itunes.

If you go into Event Viewer, you would be looking for "Tracks". If something is blue screening, there may be indicators that could help you track down what that might be. If you look for Warnings or Errors, look for something that repeats, expecially if it is around the time of the blue screens. The "kernel power" one is probably there but usually caused by the bluescreen rather than causing it.

If iTunes seems to be at the bottom of the problem, you may be able to pick up what part of iTunes is conflicting. Since iTunes will burn DVDs, it may be a program such as that, or a codec or something related to playback of certain types of audio/video.

If you think it might be an anti-virus conflict, maybe that program has a log that could help.

Prevent Avast from loading and see if you get the same error

I would uninstall Avast anti-virus and choose AVG or Avira

Now re-install Itunes.

I ran a chkdsk and then uninstalled Avast. Installed Itunes 9.1.3.15 and so far everything seems to be working fine.. I'll know more once I plug the iphone in if everything is okay. Thanks for the help!

Back