Windows 7 Please, Help!

FaceTheWorld

I have an Acer AX3400G-U4802 that froze during the Windows Update. It wouldn't boot after that. It kept showing a screen telling me to boot again (or something like that, I can't really remember, I'm sorry if this causes trouble with identifying the problem). I purchased a Windows 7 disc to format it. After the install of Windows 7, it seemed to run fine. I had the computer on over night because I fell asleep watching some YouTube Videos. The next morning, it began freezing up. It would come back after a couple minutes then freeze again. I restarted it several times but it still did it again. I left it alone for awhile because I had errands to run. When I came back the computer was doing the Windows Updates again. This time it did not freeze and they all installed fine. However the freezing was still there. I originally thought the freezing was due to Firefox and Adobe Flash Player not getting along. Apparently that wasn't it as I restarted again and it wouldn't boot. After some frustrating time passed, I decided to attempt to format again but it wouldn't boot the disc. I swapped out the hard drives, I have 3 all together varying in size, and the same thing happened with all three. My main question is, could the DVD rom be the cause of this, as I wasn't able to load the disc? And could the DVD rom going out be the cause of the freezing as well?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back