Windows 7 plz help......!!!!

Omkarmahanand

hello sir....all the icons in my laptop are gone...i am uploading some screenshots...plz help me...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 344
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 335
sir....i hav already done system restore....but no effect...also tried rebuild icon cache....still the problem persist....what should i do..?

Most often or quite often Icon problems are related with virus / malware problems. Run a thorough check with the antivirus / other security program you have. Then, you might do wisely in running an extra on-line check.

This seems to have been a big problem back when Windows 7 first came out.
But most people only had their desktop icons disappear.
I can't actually find a case where all of their icons vanished, and left the text below?

I found so many answers that worked for one person and not another that I don't know what to suggest.

Try and boot into safe mode and see if the same thing happens.
Then let us know.

It wouldn't hurt to run system file checker.

From the elevated Command Prompt (Right click on the Prompt Icon and select run as administrator).

Then type…

SFC /scannow

Scans and restores system files.

Mike

Hello Omkarmahanand,

If you have your Windows 7 disc or a Recovery disc, you'll have to use that to do a System Restore/Repair, choosing the option to keep the user files intact.
This seems to be the only method of correcting the icon issue as many have reported from what I have read.

Hope this helps
Don

Back