Windows 7 pointer trouble with laptop

kkay

I noticed after I did the latest Win 7 update, that I started having trouble that same day with the pointer on my computer. I first noticed where the finger pad is, you left click, to scroll up and down a page. It stopped working correctly. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It also happens if I try to close a tab, or if I want to pause a You Tube video. You cannot close windows either if it is acting up. I have noticed that if you use a program like Core Temp, and it is on the taskbar at the bottom, you can right click, close the program, and many times by doing that, the pointer starts working again, but not for long. The problem is using Firefox or IE. I thought it was just my fingeboard bar, but if I use my wireless mouse, the same problem happens. The pointer is not frozen or anything like that. You can move it around the screen. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I did a scan with Eset Nod32, and it did not find anything. The problem started 4-13-12, the same day as the Microsoft updates.
Now I am also having trouble with the right click under the touch bar.

Last edited:
I still am having trouble since that update. The left click and scroll works now, but the right click won't work. I looked up touchpad drivers, but I don't know if I have the Alps, or Elantech touchpad. There are two different ones for the NV-53A computer I have. Even so it does not look like they have got an updated driver since 2010, so I doubt if this will help. No replies to my previous message. Nobody has a clue on this issue?

I read somewhere that a stuck key may be the problem. I got a can of duster, and sprayed the keyboard until it was as clean as I could get it. Would you believe THAT WORKED? Thank goodness. I think the problem is resolved. It may be only temporary, but at least it is working. I am so very happy about this!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom