Pointless ISOs

Discussion in 'Microsoft Products and Community' started by TRSS, Oct 25, 2014.

1. TRSS

TRSS Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Well, now I sit here with a couple of downloaded ISOs because I thought I need specific ones for Windows Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.

But I just saw that each of these ISOs contains every Windows subversion... I don't know if to feel stupid or angry now because I waited for so long to download all this stuff.

........shouldn't Microsoft make this clear??? I mean they offer different download links for Windows subversions but that is so pointless.

Please, somebody comment on this.
  2. davidhk129

davidhk129 Senior Member

May 19, 2012
    The difference is that each Windows ISO file contains a "key file" corresponding to the Windows version of the ISO file.
    Example : A Windows Ultimate ISO file will have an Ultimate key file. One has to have an Ultimate product key to install the ISO.

There is a software which will remove that "key file" restriction so that the ISO becomes an "universal" ISO file which can be used for any product key one has.
    I am not sure about the forum policy regarding the use of the software mentioned. So, I'll stop here.

The important point is....... ISO file is useless unless you have a valid product key.
    #2 davidhk129, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014