port forwarding

frz

Hi all,
What is the best way to do port forwarding under windows?
As I am happy linux user, I usually do it with one-line command below:

ssh [email protected] -L 3432:nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:5432

Next I can just use 127.0.0.1:3432 like it's on my local machine.

The thing is that I will have to work via RDP the next couple of months. It's about database development Using remote desktop requires a lot of patience because it's overseas. I would like to use local database client and port forwarding instead.

I don't know what is windows version yet. Also I don't know if security policy allows this at all, so it is rather chit-chat for now. But still, I'd like to be prepared.

Port forwarding is only done on a router. There is no port forwarding on Windows. I would recommend setting up an OpenVPN server. I would recommend to never open up RDP to the internet as it's not very secure and can be compromised easily.

Hi all,
What is the best way to do port forwarding under windows?
As I am happy linux user, I usually do it with one-line command below:

ssh [email protected] -L 3432:nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:5432

Next I can just use 127.0.0.1:3432 like it's on my local machine.

The thing is that I will have to work via RDP the next couple of months. It's about database development Using remote desktop requires a lot of patience because it's overseas. I would like to use local database client and port forwarding instead.

I don't know what is windows version yet. Also I don't know if security policy allows this at all, so it is rather chit-chat for now. But still, I'd like to be prepared.
The best Port Forwarding tool that I have used is the one provided by Ivacy VPN as a separate add on. I have been using it for quite a while now and it gets the job done. Download VPN directly or just get the addon separately.

Back