Windows 7 Possible to customize Flip3D / Windows Switcher ?

faeder

[SOLVED] Possible to customize Flip3D / Windows Switcher ?

Hi people !

I have been using a Firefox plugin called Foxtab for quiet some time, now. I am really accustomed to it and I would like to know if it was possible to customize the Aero Flip3D command so that it can have the same behaviour.

By same beahviour I mean this : Is it possible to customize Flip3D so that when you press the WIN + TAB shortcut it appears but doesn't fade away as soon as you release the the WIN key ? Kind of a switch shortcut.

Thanks,

Fae

Last edited:
Ok, never mind.

My goal was to couple this trick with a mouse gesture software. So by running this command : %SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe DwmAPI #105, It launches Flip3D like a normal application, and that's what I wanted. Now I can use it as I wanted to.

Thanks anyway !

Yes feader, it is possible to do that:

1. Flip 3D hotkey - you can easily do it with freeware Link Removed - Invalid URL (7/vista/xp compatible). If you want Flip 3D sticky mode, you can press Ctr-Win-Tab, or write a script for Win-Tab

Code:
#Tab::^#Tab

Ctr-Tab as Ctr-Win-Tab

Code:
^Tab::^#Tab

Middle mouse button as Ctr-Win-Tab

Code:
MButton::^#Tab

2. To add different looks to Flip 3D, check out Link Removed - Invalid URL (7 & vista compatible)

Yeah ! Thanks cybercore ! It is a lot easier for my mouse gesture software to process keystrokes shortcuts than lauching programs with parameters. Even though I don't think there are any differences between the keystrokes shortcut and the command line call.

I can finally right click+left click anywhere for it to show up and then scroll through all my (numerous) windows. Better ergonomy, and this way, i usually never look or click below the center of my screen. Actually, coupled with the FF plugin, my mouse hardly moves, now (just to draw the gestures). Enormous productivity gain :D. Plus, it looks cool :D

You don't quite get, no parameters, no nothing what you're used to. You install a software that allows you remap or asign a set of actions for one or more keystrokes. Say you're not happy to press RIGHT/DOWN to flip forward, you can fix that:

Code:
#IfWinExist, ahk_class Flip3D
Up::Down
Down::Up
Left::Right
Rigt::Left

And of course you didn't even check Bao Switcher.

Never mind.

Hi cybercore ! Excuse me, but I think you didn't quite get what I wanted and said.

I don't want to remap the CTRL + WIN + TAB to another key combination, I just wanted to know that it existed.
I first found a way by running the rundll32.exe file with params, which works. Then you told me about the CTRL + WIN + TAB shortcut which is even better.
The aim was then to execute this shortcut by drawing a mouse gesture on the screen, with StrokeIt. Like this, I can use my computer without my keyboard (as long as I don't need to type). And that's not because I am lazy (well... perhaps a little :p), but because my mouse is wireless and my keyboard isn't.

As for Bao's switcher, FYI, I did check it out. However, the normal Flip3D display is the one I like and am accustomed to use. I therefore don't need any enhancement. But I bookmarked it anyway, seeing as my tastes vary quite often :)

So, really, thanks for your help.

Fae

PS : If you don't know what mouse gestures are and/or how they can be used, here is my example (it's not the whole spectrum of my daily usage, just a sample. I hope I chosed the example well enough so that you can see the benefits I get from it, and leave the rest to your imagination) :

I have a mouse at the entrance of my appartment. I right click with it and "draw" an aproximate M when I come home, and my computer (which isn't in the same room) starts playing music. A S and it stops.

When I want to watch a movie on my comp's screen sitting on my sofa, my keyboard cable isn't long enough so i use another mouse. And like a real couch potato, I can control everything from my sofa, without needing anything but my mouse. Not even a remote control. Play, Pause, Next, Previous... without displaying the OSD of the player.

By drawing a C (for example), Flip3D is launched, and i can navigate between my programs windows without actually having to click on the task bar nor reading their title (the main point of Flip3D) which is kind of hard because i have a high resolution screen, meaning very small caracters, almost impossible to read from my sofa.

It's completely configurable, so you can do pretty much wathever you want, with what ever gesture you want. By drawing an F, you can launch Firefox, By drawing an I from bottom to top, I close a program. From top to bottom, I minimize a window. A dash from right to left is previous and next if it's from left to right. Well, you get it. And the scope is application wide. Meaning that the same gesture can have different meanings depending on your application.

Just to conclude on my example, I have a wireless mouse in all 4 rooms of my appartment (no, not in the bathroom :D). So you can see how usefull it may be to control my comp from a distance, without seeing a display.

Hope that cleared things a bit.

Last edited:
Back