Windows 10 Possible Virus

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
How do i get rid o a virus , i downloaded internet download manager last night . Don't know where from i think it said registed to something or other , i'v since uninstalled it and repaced with a free version .I erased the file , now i get photo,s of mcafee anti-virus als other photo's i think they must have come from there . When i look for mcafee in tools on ccleaner i can't find anything , all help would be welcome . Thank you .

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    140.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Pics.PNG
    Pics.PNG
    209.2 KB · Views: 100
What are you using for end point protection? I'd start by running a scan in safe mode or get better security software.

With Kaspersky, but it sounds like it's not detecting these popups. Those are called toast notifications and unfortunately there are a ton of ways to generate them programmatically.

I'd start by going into settings [Windows key + i] > Privacy > Notifications and look for any unusual apps that have access to notifications. I'd also look in the Microsoft store and uninstall any apps you don't need.

Well actually it looks like from the images that they're being generated from Microsoft Edge. Open Edge and click on the three dots in the upper right corner and go to Extensions. You likely have a malicious or spam extension generating the notifications.

How do i get to uninstall any apps .

Attachments

• Privacy.PNG
    Privacy.PNG
    81.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Notifications.PNG
    Notifications.PNG
    313.5 KB · Views: 90
On kaspersky i enabled protection i can disable it later if needed .

Attachments

• Kaspersky.PNG
    Kaspersky.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 93
Looks good. On to this URL in edge and verify Ads are set to block and there's nothing in the allow list
edge://settings/content/ads

My op - up blocker was on high , that did'nt make any difference.

Attachments

• Pop up.PNG
    Pop up.PNG
    105.5 KB · Views: 88
When i run an old version of spyhunter , it says it can't connect to the internet . That's where all the problems are i'm online now .

Attachments

• spyhunter can't connect.PNG
    spyhunter can't connect.PNG
    196 KB · Views: 114
I'v made a stupid mistake , i tied to clear those spam generated from Microsoft Edge. I think my computer's been factory reset , i followed this video on youtube about clearing history to remove the pop -ups . Now all my folder's have gone all the app's are still there RonyaSoft CD DVD Label Maker , Nero . I think every think is working ok but no folder's.

I can't log-in to any of my favourite websites , i cleared all in a factory reset . I should have left password's , but it said clear all in the video . All my folders where missing but they along with fav's were all back in order as they were , after the next re-start . I thought all i had to do was enter the passwords , and everything would be alright , will i have to register again my user name is NettleWarler it used to be [email protected] . Thank you .

Back
Top Bottom