Post your system stats. Will you upgrade to Vista?

bios

Welcome. Here's a thread to introduce each other.

What kind of computer system do you have?

Will you be upgrading to Windows Vista?

Are you using Vista now?

Why or why not?

I have an outdated PC. This is my third post. The last two also have my specs! But here they are again... :)

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
512MB DDR RAM
NVidia GeForce4 MX440

I will be getting Vista Ultimate. Then later on when DX10 is cheaper, making a very large leap into the future. :)

I am using RC1 currently.

Because it's a very nice O/S. Great interface, very usable, pretty compatible, Media Center, many other reasons.

N

Necifix2

Yeah, my system specs are...

2.8 GHz Processor, Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading
1024 MB (1 GB) RAM
Windows XP Home Edition

I am going to get Windows Vista Home Premium, as Basic is too basic lol. Ultimate is only Buisiness and Premium combined with 1 extra feature. So I only need Home Premium (Plus I'm money tight!)

If you think your PC is outdated my OLD one was...

~930 MHz Processor, Pentium III
128 MB of RAM
Horrible graphics/sound cards.

Khan

2.8 GHz / 1GB DDR / 80GB HDD (3Parts) / Vista Ultimate RC1

I'm only going to stay with Vista Ultimate IF M$ fixes the OpenGL and Legacy issue that I am having... other than some isssues, I am actually pleased with this OS.

bios

I'm still confused about the OpenGL problems. From what I read Quake 4 is 20% slower under Vista because it is completely OpenGL. Apparently OpenGL is running through DirectX as defualt which is whats slowing it down.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.