Windows 7 Power Supply

Krypto

Fantastic Member
Premium Supporter
Just wondering in everyone opinion what is the best power supply for high-end gaming i would prefer modular cabling as it is more organized

Lol thats weird, Reghakr and I have just been chatting about the same thing..

I totally agree about modular, I use a modular system and it's fantastic as you plug in the cables you actually need.
If your gaming on a single card then anything from 500 to 650W should be ok. Dual cards and above need anything from 800 to 1000W..
So what type of system are you going for? Single or dual card?

well i am going extreme tri sli 3 cards total i fugure i will definetly need 1000w but i can not figure out which one to get there all nice

Wow! Go Krypto Go!... I'm sure as long as you choose a well branded PSU you'll be fine.. You have to be careful regarding size with some 1000watters as the case can be a irregular size so watch for that..

i just finished reading an review for a 1050W Enermax Revolution 85+ modular PSU with some modular and some anchored cables where Daren Yates of PCuser magazine Australia gave it an 85% mark

it's actually quite a nice lookin PSU

@ Kemical unfortunately i Don't have a link as it wasn't an on-line review it was in the PC-user Magazine march 2010 page 26 (terribly analogue of me i know)

haha nothing like a digital camera to solve the issue of review
DSCF0012 (2).jpg

no probs yeah i looked at the modstream when buying my 5770 but decided just to kill my Hiper typeR-580 before buying a new PSU and then just swap the inards over to the typr's case as i love the aircraft type connectors it has

I have the 530W version of your PSU and it's been a good little power supply. Unfortunately though it'll only give something like 36A on the 12v Rails combined. The 5870 needs at least 40A, hence the upgrade.

Back