Windows 7 powerdvd

hawkeye2008

Hi I am having problems getting dvd's to play from MediaCenter I just get a blank screen. I have installed power dvd 8 but still not working it seems to be that the codecs are not working. Has any one had this problem and solved it ?
I am using beta 7000 and its the 32bit version.

Many Thanks

IAN UK

I am running Windows 7 x64 edition and have the latest version of PowerDVD 8 installed and running flawlessly. I did not install any additional software or Codecs.

Sorry can I just verify something. Powerdvd works yes but when I try to play a dvd movie that is on a cd or my HD from media center it is there that i get a blank screen.

Many thanks for all your help

IAN

Just as an upfate even windows media player 11 will not play any of my dvd's I have tryed instaling codec packs such as klite452fbeta and xvid but it still fails.

If any one hase got it to work and can help please do ..

Many Thanks Again

Ian

Last edited:
Power DVD 7 Deluxe works fine for me in Windows 7. No issues at all. Installed it using "Run as administrator" for the installer. I also have K-Lite Codec Pack (64-bit) 1.6.4 installed and have no problems with codecs.

Last edited:
I use DVDX, region-free, and it ran fine but I couldn't listen to the radio using WMP12. I uninstalled DVDX and WMP12 got the radio back. My DVD player worked fine but interfered with WMP12.

I'm also running PowerDVD 7 Ultra. I get the sound, and menus, on HD DVD and Blu-Ray discs, not the video of the actual movie. Standard DVD's work fine. Anyone else getting this?

PowerDVD and x64

I'm also running PowerDVD 7 Ultra. I get the sound, and menus, on HD DVD and Blu-Ray discs, not the video of the actual movie. Standard DVD's work fine. Anyone else getting this?

I am running PowerDVD 8 Ultra with an Intel IGP. Everything ran fine under Win7 32-bit, but now I am getting this problem using 64-bit drivers. Puzzling...

Yup Win7 32bit, Blu-ray sound but no Video and using CyberLink Blu-ray Advisor my system checks out fine and played Blu-ray just fine in Vista 32bit.

Hi Guys -- if you've got BLU RAY players etc just re-install the Powerdvd version that came on your hardware disk.
My disc even has a link to a Firmware update which I applied -- now perfect 1080p pix.

My device is a SATA LG HD/BLU RAY Multi player / writer (OK HD is now defunct but the device was cheap and BLU RAY works fine).

Not sure if the IDE interface is good enough for full 1080p but my device is a SATA one and stuff I've had from LG always seems to work first time unlike some of the other makes.

No probs at ALL Get decent 1080p output on Blu Ray DVD's (Both W7 X-32 and X-64) and full 5 / 7.1 sound.

Writing (BD- R RW) works fine as well.

cheers

jimbo

Update: Video Drivers were the culprit

I am running PowerDVD 8 Ultra with an Intel IGP. Everything ran fine under Win7 32-bit, but now I am getting this problem using 64-bit drivers. Puzzling...

I reinstalled the latest Intel video drivers (effectively rolling back from Win7 WDDM prerelease drivers) using the compatibility mode setting (right-click driver install exe, Properties->Compatibility Tab->Check Compatibility Mode, Vista, run exe). Now PowerDVD works perfectly! Perhaps something similar can be done for ATI/NVidia gpus?

It sounds like i have the same problem as you guys,

Using Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 Ultra, I get no video but I can hear the audio track.

I've installed the Beta ATI graphics drivers for my Radeon HD 3870. Are you saying I should revert the drivers back to the intel drivers until ATI have sorted the issue?

Interesting in PowerDVD, I can uncheck 'Use graphics acceleration' and I can see the menu overlay, but still no video.

Thanks in advance...

I can't get the updates to install for PDVD7. I can get the original PDVD Ultra to install, but none of the updates will take.

Power DVD and Windows 7

Have just installed Power DVD 8 Ultra into my latest Windows 7 ( 7057 shown as RC1).

Installed very smoothly no drama and has played everything I've thrown at it

And I have now just installed Powerdvd 9 again with 7057 all very clean and easy and appears to perform well

Last edited:
Re: Update: Video Drivers were the culprit

I use PowerDVD to play the video I made for my GF. That's the big question and the image quality is much better than win media player. One thing I really see the picture became more stable, ripple-free and my GF did not get dizzy when seeing it.

Back