Windows 7 Powerpoint 2007

Baz

hey guys

got Win7 Beta Build 7000

Everything installed fine however anyone know how to get Powerpoint 2007 working?

Everything else works from office 2007, Its a legit version however ive reinstalled Win7 multiple times and also i have a legit verison of Office 2007.

Anyone know?

Ive tried the compatability tab and changed it to XP and Vista to see if ti works but it didn't should i try and reinstall office 2007 or is there another wya of doin it?

Thanks Guys

hey guys

got Win7 Beta Build 7000

Everything installed fine however anyone know how to get Powerpoint 2007 working?

Everything else works from office 2007, Its a legit version however ive reinstalled Win7 multiple times and also i have a legit verison of Office 2007.

Anyone know?

Ive tried the compatability tab and changed it to XP and Vista to see if ti works but it didn't should i try and reinstall office 2007 or is there another wya of doin it?

Thanks Guys
Works fine for me, I am using the x64 version of W7 though.

Hi there

What wasn't working -- can you post screen shots.
Works for me fine (both X032 and X-64).
I've got 2 versions of Office 2007 (on different machines of course) - Enterprise and the Student Edition. Powerpoint from Both -- no problems.

cheers
jimbo

I have found a problem with PowerPoint 2007 too.
The slide transitions, like fade smoothly, do not work. In fact, there are no transitions at all.
I have tried fast and slow -changed to another like fade through black - and nothing.
BTW, I am a professional speaker and have worked with PowerPoint all the way back to 97.
This is a killer for me and Windows 7 beta. On the other hand - the custom animation in PowerPoint is amazingly smooth.

I have office Ultimate and Professional 2007. I installed both on the 32 and 64 bit versions of windows 7 and both run slide transitions and everything smoothly. IS there anyway you could take a screen recording of what exactly occurs when windows 7 has this problem with slide transition? I tried the slide transitions and they all work perfectly for me.

Back to Baz (The thread got a little hijacked).

I have all the features of Office 2007 working fine on 64 and 32 bit.
I would suggest first you try the repair function in programs and features.
If that does not work, then totally uninstall Office and try to reinstall. On my installation, I did not find any need to apply compatibility, so be sure to remove that from the Setup.exe.

I have office Ultimate and Professional 2007. I installed both on the 32 and 64 bit versions of windows 7 and both run slide transitions and everything smoothly. IS there anyway you could take a screen recording of what exactly occurs when windows 7 has this problem with slide transition? I tried the slide transitions and they all work perfectly for me.

iroken, thanks for your help:
The problem with PowerPoint Slide Transition is solved.
Installed the Nvidia Vista 64 bit Driver, now everything functions normally.
Apparently, the Win7 beta driver was the issue, at least for my machines.

Glad to hear that you got your problem solved. That is why this forum is here in the first place.

Powerpoint 2007 H&S crashing constantly

Hi there, I am also having a powerpoint issue in Windows 7. Every time I try to insert a movie (even into a brand new slideshow), the computer completely crashes. I click insert movie, pick my .wmv file, and then it looks like it is starting (the circle starts to spin), then it just crashes...completely unresponsive, even to ctrl-alt-del.

Have 32-bit version Windows 7, licensed Office 2007, 3Gb RAM, lots of room on hard drive.

Any thoughts? andrea

Back