Windows 7 Pre-order help

sniffles

I was thinking on pre-ordering Windows 7 Pro on MS store web site today, but I would like the 64 bit version. Does anyone know if you need to specify 32 bit or 64 bit when ordering or is it a one version and when installing is where you choose the 32 or 64 bit.

Sniffles

I think it will be just like the betas and the RC where you have to specify 32 or 64 bit.

I just talk to Microsoft and they stated that the OS will choose if your computer will work in 32 bit or 64 bit. It sounds like you don't have a choice. It will pick what's best for your computer.

Sniffles :eek:

I know that you have to have a processor that supports 64 bit so maybe thats what they are talking about. Some peeps don't know what thier processor will support.

Upgrade requirements ???

Does anybody know how the upgrade sequence will work ?

If I have a clean HD and have the original XP or Vista disks will I have to install XP or Vista prior to installing the upgrade

OR

Will the upgrade disk just ask for a disk of the older operating system ?

Thanks for your assistance

Upgrade requirements ???

Does anybody know how the upgrade sequence will work ?

If I have a clean HD and have the original XP or Vista disks will I have to install XP or Vista prior to installing the upgrade

OR

Will the upgrade disk just ask for a disk of the older operating system ?

Thanks for your assistance

you will need the older version or the rc from what I've gathered by calling and reading, and from what I've gathered, 64 and 32 will be on one disc and will probably have a auto setting that can be changed to manual. I'm not 100% on it but from the research I've been doing lately, it seems to be that way.

Back
Top Bottom