I have the same problem. My printer works with Vista, but I can´t find a Windows 7 driver. The previos entry says this problem ist ///SOLVED///, but what is the solution? Please help me.
Best regards Wolfgang
I had the problem of receiving the "driver does not exist and cannot be updated from MS update site" or similar messages.
On win7 32 bit I solved the problem in the following way. There is a little magic but finally it worked. I believe it also works on a 64 bit system.
- download the file "mxp____c.inf_x86_neutral_845d850712ad81c3.zip" from here
- rename it to "mxp____c.inf_x86_neutral_845d850712ad81c3.cab"
- move the file to c:\windows\system32
- use the package manager to install it:
-- run a cmd prompt as an administrator
-- go to c:\windows\system32
-- execute the " pkgmgr /ip /m:mxp____c.inf_x86_neutral_845d850712ad81c3.cab.cab " command
- if it fails (it happened to me too), do the following:
- locate your printer in Start menu/printers and devices
- right click on the device, use the repair/troubleshoot wizard
- when it asks to load the driver from MS site (since it is unavailable) click the option of using drivers found on your computer (and download only if it does not exist)
- your cab file in c:\windows\system32 will be located and installed