Windows 7 Print progress dialog box

DJ67

We have Windows7 in the office. When I print an email (Outlook 2007) a print dialog box appears, telling me the doc has been sent to the printer, and the print progress ("Now printing page 1 of 3"). I cannot find a way to suppress this box. Is there a way? I have tried several Google searches, all to no avail. I do not need to know that I have just sent a doc to the printer, because I just did it! All the box does is prevent my moving on to something else. I cannot move the mouse pointer, nor type anything while the box is up. It may seem a little thing, but when you print many times, all those few seconds add up. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I am new to Windows7Forums. Thank you.

These are generally called alert notifications and are handled on the host machine that is acting as the print server. Go to that machine, if it's also a Windows 7 machine, open Devices and Printers, select the printer and you will see a menu bar appear at the top of the window, select the item that says "Print server properties", select the advanced tab and uncheck what you don't want to see or hear.
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Randy

Randy,
Thanks for your prompt response. I found the boxes were already unchecked in my pc and my co-worker's, and we are the only ones with access to this printer. Although the office has a server, each of our pc's prints "locally", so the printer is not controlled by the server. It's not a big issue, but a niggle which I can't seem to solve. Thanks for trying.

Back
Top Bottom