Windows 7 Printer drivers

vissfam

Honorable Member
I have an HP 1012 laserjet printer which worked awesome in Vista and in XP, but no drivers for it in Windows 7. HP says it won't make any drivers for it at all. I found out from another forum that I had to install the laserjet 3055 driver to make it work. I did but a 6 page document takes around 5 minutes to print. Any ideas on how to fix this goof up?

I have an HP 1012 laserjet printer which worked awesome in Vista and in XP, but no drivers for it in Windows 7. HP says it won't make any drivers for it at all. I found out from another forum that I had to install the laserjet 3055 driver to make it work. I did but a 6 page document takes around 5 minutes to print. Any ideas on how to fix this goof up?

Hello,

You could try this driver. Most of them got this to work fine.
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hope this helps,
Captain

^ welcome to the forums, Captain Jack :)
Vissfam, you could also try running the Vista drivers in "Compatbility mode" when you attempt to install them.
Good luck.

^ welcome to the forums, Captain Jack :)
Vissfam, you could also try running the Vista drivers in "Compatbility mode" when you attempt to install them.
Good luck.

Thanks for the Welcome !! The drivers that i posted is Compatible with Windows 7 i think just install them might work. Its just my thought

- Captain

There seems to be many entries in Google about this.

There are suggestions such as you mention using the 3055 on port 4, the 1015 driver, and the XP driver using a workaround referenced here.

They also seem to have Vista 32 and 64 bit drivers. The Vista drivers should work in Win 7 but you may have to use the compatibility mode. Whether it is 32 or 64 bit makes quite a difference in what drivers may or may not be accepted.

Last edited:
I tried this but it comes up with a "connect" graphic, which is useless as it is connected. And there is no skip, cancel or whatever else kind of button to move the install forward.

Back