Windows Vista Printer Problems

MicroMina

hi everybody
I have a Canon LBP-660 {I know that its not compaitable with windows XP } but I managed to run Windows 2000 driver on XP and everything wokred fine.
Now i installed windows vista Enterprise and when I connect the printer a wizard starts { as usual } and asks for drivers, I browse to the driver folder and OK.
It says driver is not signed and I click continue anyway.
and after then it comes up with a message saying the following :

""Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to intall it.

Canon LBP-660

The printer driver is not compaitable with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software""
++++{ error screenshot is found in attachments }++++

Is there a way to disable the above policy that blocks NT 4.0 drivers??

Please help guys i am desperate and dont know what to do :confused:

I had the screen deadlock you had. I have a cannon 4650 printer which upto A3 size.I had to attatch my printer to a computer in my shed ,sys xp, in order to use the A3 size.I was Desparate. However. since then I installed a second Vista sys. on my main computer and this time I ignored all manufacturers software. and used windows hardware search in control panel-
would beleive Vista supplied a driver and everything works even the A3 paper size. Try it good luck Brianb

Back