printer spooler problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by mayurh, Jun 23, 2010.

1. mayurh

mayurh New Member

hi everyone

wonder if someone can help me

i have windows 7 x64
    i have a printer hp designjet 1050c connected via a lpt to usb convertor as my laptop does not have an lpt port

everyday when i print to it windows gives an error and then the document stays in the queue
    when i restart my laptop
    then the print job prints
    why is this happening? never used to happen on xp.only now on windows 7?

please help
    i check the print spooler service and its stil running

2. brichardson

brichardson New Member

More than likely because the printer (and it's drivers) are not compatible with Windows 7.

You could try taking the drivers for Windows XP and installing them with compatibility settings in Windows 7, however I do doubt it will work.

3. mayurh

mayurh New Member

but the drivers for windows 7 and designjet 1050c are listed as compatible?

4. webscaper

webscaper Senior Member

#4 webscaper, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  5. mayurh

mayurh New Member

so do you guys believe this is a driver problem and not a windows 7 printer problem?
    why does it print after i restart the pc?

6. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Extraordinary Member

Hello !!

I believe the Printer service spoolsv.exe is restarting that makes them print it. Try to just restart the service and see if that works.

Start | Services.msc | Printer Spooler right click on it and click on restart and see if that do the trick.

Typically the Printer Spooler service is related to the Driver as well. So if you have issues with Driver that would affect the service. as recommended above try the latest driver and see if that fixes it.

Hope this helps,
    Captain

7. mancy

mancy Banned

You can use certain software to fix the issues related with printer spooler. One of the best software which will help you to fix the issue is printer spooler fix wizard. The printer spooler fix wizard will help to fix printer spooler error messages and spoolsv.exe service. This software will help to fix the errors including “spooler sub system app stopped working and was closed” and spoolsv.exe service infection and corruption in Windows 7 computer.

8. mancy

mancy Banned

You can use certain software to fix the issues related with printer spooler. One of the best software which will help you to fix the issue is printer spooler fix wizard. The printer spooler fix wizard will help to fix printer spooler error messages and spoolsv.exe service. This software will help to fix the errors including “spooler sub system app stopped working and was closed” and spoolsv.exe service infection and corruption in Windows 7 computer.