Windows 7 Printing from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows Vista 64-bit

spidertaker23

I have Windows 7 32-bit on a laptop and Windows Vista 64-bit on a desktop. My HP C5580 Printer is connected to the printer and has the printer shared out. I set everyone to have full security rights to this printer. I have no problems connecting and printing from this printer on my other Vista 32-bit computer or my wife's xp 32-bit laptop.

I tried setting up a network printer through the add printer wizard.

I also tried setting up a printer using a "local port." - Which is how I ended up getting it set up for xp and my vista 32-bit computers.

However, when I set up the network printer on the Windows 7 computer it looks like it is set up correctly, but when I send a print job ... test print or otherwise ... it doesn't get stuck in the que, but it doesn't print on the printer itself at all.

I am not sure what is wrong. No matter how I set up the printer it won't print. The driver I am using is whatever driver Windows loads when I do the printer wizard and when I set it up manually through a local port I am setting it up with the printer driver that windows 7 has on it for my printer.

Anybody have any ideas?

Back