Windows 7 Printing

if you print as pdf, is it the same problem? I just tried printing an opera page to pdf and it was ok. If it works for you too then you can send the pdf to printer.

Attachments

• Yahoo Canada.pdf
    958.8 KB · Views: 417
I tested with your pdf, and there was no print selection option even available, only print all or by page selection. Therefore it wouldn't provide a solution to the problem at hand. But even if it did, when I use Save As in Opera, pdf isn't an option.

Last edited:
I tested with your pdf, and there was no print selection option even available, only print all or by page selection. Therefore it wouldn't provide a solution to the problem at hand. But even if it did, when I use Save As in Opera, pdf isn't an option.

EDIT: I keep forgetting that the current version of Opera is a Chrome clone, which isn't what I use...do you?

You don't use "save as" command to make pdf. To make PDF, use the "print" command. If you have a pdf writer installed (there are many free versions out there and I use PDFill which is a free full version without ads) then you have to choose it (the pdf writer) as the printer in print options/preferences and when you click print, it will print out as PDF file.

I don't get print selection you are talking about. It's a pdf. You just print it as it is. Or make the selection from the webpage before creating the pdf.

I am using Opera 19.0 which I just downloaded and installed a while ago to try to help you out. I will uninstall it later. Chrome is my default browser.

Last edited:
I installed it, but it didn't solve the problem. When I highlight a selection from a webpage and then with the selection option chosen, it still jams everything together, just as it does with Opera. In addition, after I used PDFill once, when I choose print in Opera now, my 5510v is no longer available, even though it is still set as the default device in Devices And Printers.

What are you trying to print? A webpage or a just a selected text? If you want to print text, why don't you just copy-paste that text to a blank word document and print it from there.

If I only wanted to print a selection of text, I could do as you suggest, but that would not be fixing the print problem, only working around it. Also, some print jobs might include images and that combination wouldn't be easy to copy/paste somewhere else and then print.

Some things really don't work the way they should and that's how the "work-around" was invented. :)

It worked for me in one try.. I don't know what the problem is on your side.

Last edited:
A related problem...I just received an email with some forms attached, that I requested, that are in a single .rtf format, which opens by default in Word. the problem is that actually there are side by side. Since one page is nothing more than instructions, I only need to print the right page, but regardless of what I have tried, it wants to print both at the same time, which will make each page too small. Not even sure it would print them anyway, because it complains that the margins are set to narrow to print them.

Since I can't print a selection, and the forms are not separate pages, the only way I can think of to deal with this is to crop the page I need with Irfanview then resize it, but isn't there a better way?

EDIT: I made my last statement (regarding Irfanview) before I cleaned my glasses and saw that the file is rtf, rather than tif, so Irfanview is of no use, which leaves me even more puzzled.

Last edited:
You didn't check far enough, because it is exactly the same as with Windows 7. It says to use the driver already installed in the OS. It does have another "driver" available, which appears to be software for working with photos, which I will probably try though.

I agree, that looks like a nice printer, but it's too pricey for me. It's not sentimental value for the printer that keeps me trying to work with it, it sentimental value for my pocketbook. Between the printers that I have, I can do most anything, except printing selections as mentioned, but that isn't sufficient reason to pay for another printer...which I can't be certain wouldn't have it's own problems. When this printer dies, then I shall bury it and consider something to replace it.

EDIT: Here's a bit more reasonable price for it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hewlett-Pac...88658846?pt=COMP_Printers&hash=item461a48559e

I've bought from this seller a couple of times without any problems, but looking at their feedback, I may just have been lucky.

EDIT2: That last link's printer doesn't say "network ready"in the description, but does say that it is wireless. Here another that does"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Officeje...08423781?pt=COMP_Printers&hash=item232ec39065

A little more expensive than the last, but less than Best Buy, and the feedback is better.

Last edited:
Back