Problem connecting to my router.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by dragosstudio, Oct 22, 2009.

  1. dragosstudio

    dragosstudio New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have Windows 7 64 bit and a D-link dir 300 router connected to internet through an pppoe.
    When booting the PC there are 2 connection: "RDS" (my real connection), "unidentified network". I have to manually disable the LAN connection and enable it to connect to internet. When I do this it remains only one connection (the other one disappears) and I can connect to internet. Unfortunately I both the router after I have installed win 7 so I can’t tell you how the router behaves in win XP 64, but I have another computer connected to the router and he has win XP 32 installed and no problems there. I think it has something to do with NETWORK DISCOVERING FEATURE OF WIN 7.
    If my rusty English didn’t explained perfectly the problem, I have uploaded a movie on YouTube.
    Please help !!!
    Ps. The router supports win 7 and has the latest firmware. Both desktops have wired connections and I have a laptop with win XP 32 with a wireless connection that disconnects very often (but that is another discussion).
     
    #1 dragosstudio, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
  2. dragosstudio

    dragosstudio New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    problem solved

    After a lot of research on many forums I found out that there are 2 major fixes:

    -stopped the "##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##" service .
    and
    -disable the IPv6.

    Don't know which of this solved the problem because I made both of them and reboot. After reboot .....surprise...everything is working perfect.

    Hope that this post helps someone !
    Best regards !
     
  3. tblount

    tblount New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2009
    Messages:
    3,537
    Likes Received:
    64
    Just reboot your router. It's a known problem. It will lock up about once a month. I know it worked perfectly under xp or whatever. You don't need to do anything to your computer.
     

Share This Page

Loading...