Problem to install network printer

Hi all

I've a big issue on installing a network printer. My company use a Printer management system called CEPS. If I use the standard CEPS tool to install the printer the printer is checked as installed for a while and then unchecked.

Then I tried the standard windows procedure to install the printer but when I put the network name of the printers (es. \\CEPS\vmct04-03-c00-c)

the printer is found (cause also model is recognized), I can also print the test page but it doesn't appear in the printer list ...

Any help on this ?

CEPS printer client works perfectly with Vista.

Ale

iroken22

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Interesting issue you have run into here. CEPS works perfectly for my computer usage. It would help me better troubleshoot the issue if i knew what type of computers you were using as well as what printers you were trying to network. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Computer is IBM T60 laptop

Have tried all the network printers, most are HP, for example HP CLJ4730 MFP but also pdf writer on CEPS is doing the same: it is checked for a while in CEPS and unchecked in a second.

Then I cant print inside the company ... or yes I can print the test page :)

Alessandro

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.