Problem updating AOC V19 Video Graphics Driver...

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Graphics' started by gdeloriaf, May 16, 2010.

1. gdeloriaf

gdeloriaf New Member

...I have an AOC V19 monitor connected to a Dell Optiplex GX270 with Windows 7 installed. I tried to update the video card driver with the latest driver download but always get the message: "The best driver for your device is already installed. Windows has determined that the driver software for your device is up to date. Standard VGA Graphics Adapter."

I used Windows 7 troubleshooter and got the message "Video Card Driver does not support Aero effects; update the driver." The driver provider is Microsoft dated 6/21/06.

HELP! Can this driver be updated? Right now I can have 5 modes: 1024 by 768, 256 colors, default refresh; 640 by 480, 256 colors, default refresh; 800 by 600, 256 colors, default refresh; 640 by 480, High Color (16 bit), default refresh; 640 by 480, 16 colors, default refresh. The High Color looks best but is too big and 1024 by 768 looks good but the colors are off! Please HELP!!

#1 gdeloriaf, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. JessicaD

JessicaD New Member

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter is a generic driver...Have you verified that the graphics controller is indeed compatible with Windows 7? The best resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns and can be used for both hardware and software concerns.

3. gdeloriaf

gdeloriaf New Member

Thank you Jennifer for your help....

...I will download and scan my pc to fix any errors.

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

If the above suggestion doesn't help any please post back giving your system details and I'll point you in the right direction for drivers..

5. nmsuk

nmsuk Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

If I'm not mistaken you need the intel extreme graphics drivers from intel. I'm also not sure but I don't think it supports Aero.

6. daud

daud New Member

hi i have the exact same problem with my dell optilex gx270 and i was wandering if you could help me

7. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

8. daud

daud New Member