Windows 7 Problem upgrading Win7 from Vista

nier

I'm having a problem installing win7 on an emachines t3604. I have everything backed up so I'm doing a clean install of a 32bit version. I ran the upgrade advisor and it says im ready to go. I booted from the disk and went through the whole process perfectly fine until the last restart when it's supposed to start in win7. Instead, I get a window that says "system restore" and it won't boot windows 7. I reinstalled Vista and downloaded all the updates, then I tried doing an upgrade install.. same problem. I've used this disk to install win7 on like 6 other computers with no problem, including an older one that was runing XP. Could the disk have reached it's install limit or something? ..I don't know I've been at this all day and it's driving me crazy.

I'm having a problem installing win7 on an emachines t3604. I have everything backed up so I'm doing a clean install of a 32bit version. I ran the upgrade advisor and it says im ready to go. I booted from the disk and went through the whole process perfectly fine until the last restart when it's supposed to start in win7. Instead, I get a window that says "system restore" and it won't boot windows 7. I reinstalled Vista and downloaded all the updates, then I tried doing an upgrade install.. same problem. I've used this disk to install win7 on like 6 other computers with no problem, including an older one that was runing XP. Could the disk have reached it's install limit or something? ..I don't know I've been at this all day and it's driving me crazy.

Rest assured you have not reached the disk's install limit unless you actually tried to activate on more than one computer. IMHO you've got an issue with your media (smudge or scratch after multiple installs) or with your DVD reader. I would make a bootable flash drive if you have an ISO to work with and that should likely solve your problems. Google "bootable usb" and you'll find a way to do this.

I got it to work. It was a problem with the hard drive.I just installed another hard drive, put the OS on it and formatted the old one.

Back