Windows 7 Problem w/ Win7 Pro and Comcast Business Gateway

sovalon

I have been having a weird problem since I installed Windows 7 Pro a week ago. I have the RTM retail 32bit OS installed. My PC is a Dell Inspiron 530 using integrated NIC. High end quad core pc, 4gb ram, etc.

My current setup:
Comcast SMC 8014 Gateway: 192.168.2.1
Belkin N+ Router setup as WAP: 192.168.2.254
Server 2K3, DC, Exchange, DNS, DHCP Servers; 192.168.2.5
Win7 PC: 192.168.2.14
HP Laptop w/ Vista Business 32bit: 192.168.2.12
Spare Dell PC w/ XP: 192.168.2.25

Problem:

Every 2-3 hours, my internet connection drops. Comcast can see my modem, remote into it and ping from it even though I cannot get on the internet or log onto the gateway locally. Once I powercycle the gateway, things work perfectly for another 2-3 hours. Same thing over and over. Since I have business calss internet at my home Comcast came out same day and checked connections and replaced my gateway. Same thing happened with a new gateway and power supply. Once that didn't work they sent me a modem that home users use. I connected both the business gateway and home modem with a splitter. Everything was plugged into my WAP as stated above with my Win7 PC plugged into the home modem. I have had no problems with either service since. I tried many scenarios including leaving splitter on the line but plugging the Win7 PC back into the WAP and same problem. I have replaced the Nic card and cable to the WAP. I have also tried plugging directly into the gateway.

Any suggestions????

Back
Top Bottom