Windows 7 Problem When Trying to Open a PDF in FireFox

cgrim29588

When I go to a web page in FireFox and try to open a PDF I get this:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x64)\Mozilla Firefox\Eula.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again
I even tried reinstalling FireFox,, but still get the same message help!

I think you'd better tell us which PDF tools are you using.
I have met problems with openning PDF in IE window, and finally found there's some compatibility problem between Adobe Acrobat 8 and IE 8. Now I am using Acrobat 9, it is all OK with IE and Firefox.

Sounds like an issue with Adobe plugins and using a 64bit version of firefox, rather than the regular 32bit version looking at the directory tree you mention.

I think you'd better tell us which PDF tools are you using.
I have met problems with openning PDF in IE window, and finally found there's some compatibility problem between Adobe Acrobat 8 and IE 8. Now I am using Acrobat 9, it is all OK with IE and Firefox.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.3

When I go to a web page in FireFox and try to open a PDF I get this:

I even tried reinstalling FireFox,, but still get the same message help!

One way to try is to copy 'plugins' from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\" to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" - a good chance it'll work as it has for my Firefox portable.

Also, make sure to install/update Adobe Reader from Adobe official site.
Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions
~~~~~~~

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x64)\Mozilla Firefox\Eula.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again
Actually I have a question, do you really have "C:\Program Files (x64)" ? In my 7x64 I have only "Program Files (x86)" and simply "Program Files", but not (x64).

As mentioned by highwayman, Adobe and 64-bit don't mix well with Firefox..
I'd suggest using Foxit Reader. It also has a firefox/internet explorer plugin and is much similar to Reader.

This is not an advertisement, just a recommendation ;):D

Back