Windows 7 Problem with installation.

Codeusa

I'm currently running Windows xp x32, I'm attempting to install windows 7 on my desktop. But after windows loads the files the screen where it should say "install now" does not load and all I see is a mouse cruiser and windows 7 background, it can be the disk because i installed it on my laptop. Any ideas?

So you are booting to the Win 7 DVD and it loads the files with the white progress bar but you never get the Install option?

To upgrade to Windows 7 from XP you have to do a clean install which means you Hard Drive will be wiped clean and Windows 7 installed fresh you need to select custom install to do a clean install.

I would also like to know if it is this situation:

So you are booting to the Win 7 DVD and it loads the files with the white progress bar but you never get the Install option?

Are there any messages, such as that your hardware architecture is not supported ? Or is it just hanging before you can get the Install option ?

I've fixed the problem, turns out it was having trouble reading my ram. Only used one stick and everything loaded fine. Using win 7 to post this now :p

Back