Windows 7 Problem with Laptop!

JobeMinacum

As stated. There is a problem with my GF's windows 7 DELL laptop. When you turn it on, the black screen with white text comes up, with start windows normally or repair windows. Both send you to the LOGIN screen, but there is no LOGIN box. It is just a background of the LOGIN page, you CAN move your mouse, but nothing else works. Is there anyway to system restore this, or fix it?
Also, I've tried most every F key to go to a different spot, but I can't seem to figure it out.

If i press f10, it says:
Edit Windows boot options for: Windows 7
Path: /windows/system32/winload.exe
Partition: 3
Hard Disk: a3f78fd4
[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN]

Would that be the virus causing the problem? Is there any way to fix it? Please, help!
banghead.gif

Thanks

You may also find a little patience helpful - it is only 15 minutes since you first posted your problem ;) First try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 during startup. If that gets you in then try running a system restore.

You may also find a little patience helpful - it is only 15 minutes since you first posted your problem ;) First try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 during startup. If that gets you in then try running a system restore.

That does not work either. It gets me the same result: sending me to the LOGIN page with just a background, no words, nothing. No keys work, only the mouse does, but there's nothing to click.

Click repair

when the box come up saying something like, windows is looking for problems and the blue bar going accross, click cancel straight away,

you are then able to select advanced options , you should have about 4 or 5 options to select, ( see pic )

selefct command prompt and type each one of these commmands seperately

bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

after each command has completed restart and let me no what happens

a

Click repair

when the box come up saying something like, windows is looking for problems and the blue bar going accross, click cancel straight away,

you are then able to select advanced options , you should have about 4 or 5 options to select, ( see pic )

selefct command prompt and type each one of these commmands seperately

bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

after each command has completed restart and let me no what happens

a
I tried but the same thing happened. I get to the background of the LOGIN screen.

Back