Windows 7 problem with network drivers(no internet)

bgdbgd

Hey im not too sure if this would be entirely a windows 7 problem or a combination of different things either way, i bought a new computer(more gaming focus) and bought windows 7 for the computer and instantly installed it after that i went to go on the internet but it said no network drivers were found after looking around on the internet the only way of remedying this fault(that i found) seems to be to either search for updates but i cant connect to the internet so i cant search for them or download drivers manually so i downloaded prowin32(because i installed the 32 bit windows 7) so i clicked on it but it doesn't seem to work. any help will be greatly appreciated.

First look in device manager in control panel to see if you can identify the network card, making a note of any info. You could then try removing the device and rebooting to see if Windows picks up on it and installs a driver for you. If that fails the use another connected pc to download drivers from the manufacturer's site.

Patcooke: i went into device manager and i could not find a network card but i did see there was a problem with both the Ethernet controller and the smbus controller i tried to troubleshoot but it said that there was no Ethernet or smbus connection, does this mean anything?

The ethernet controller is your network card, try removing it and see if Windows detects and installs it on reboot.

Back