Windows 7 Problem with sync center: Unable to add files to offline folders

Brian Louie

I have a laptop with windows 7 ultimate and a pc with windows home premium. I am sharing several folders and files from my desktop computer with my laptop. I have set these files/folders as "always available" so that I can edit them from my laptop when they are offline not connected through my network. I can access, open, and edit files from the "manage offline" files option in Sync Center and edits to files do sync with my desktop. However, I am having a problem with editing the folders themselves. I am unable to add new files/subfolders. When I right click on these folders, the "paste" option is blurred out and there is no option to create a new folder. So, at the moment, all I am able to do is edit files that are cached on my laptop but I'm not able to create new files/folders on my laptop which are then added to my desktop when they are re-connected. Any help/advice would be sincerely appreciated.

I've read several times about two-way syncing versus one-way syncing online but I cannot find an option for this in Sync Center. I have used sync toy for a thumb drive and my desktop but I like how automated Sync Center and would rather use it than the other (or some cloud based service like dropbox).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom