Windows 7 Problem with system mixer

przemek

I have a problem. My level of master volume in system mixer increases or decreases randomly. Speakers works properly. In "communications tab" (control panel->sound) "do nothing" is on. Sorry for bad english. Please help kurwa !!!

Are you using a communication device?

There is a setting to allow other sound producers to control their own volumes. If that is set and that sound happens, it migh be louder or softer that you think it should be.

To make sure, if you right click the speaker icon then playback devices, select the speakers and click on properties, then the levels tab, you will see a number. Make note of what it is and when you think the level has changed, go back and see what it changed to.

If you want to keep other utilities from having separate volume controls, right click on the speaker icon and choose Volume Control Options. Check or uncheck options to test.

Are you running any other mixer?

Saltglass has a good point, it can be a software (e.g. Winamp kernel streaming) or a device (e.g. TV tuner) that overrides the settings in the sound mixer.

Saltglass said:
There is a setting to allow other sound producers to control their own volumes. If that is set and that sound happens, it migh be louder or softer that you think it should be.

If you open up the full mixer panel, you can adjust particular sounds, or all of them, depending on what slider you move:

image69.png

Attach a picture of your sound mixer as shown above.

Simple Tips: Windows 7 Volume Mixer Enables Quick Access to Sound Settings - the How-To Geek

Looks like we may need to track down what is changing it.

Do you have any keyboard keys or mouse settings that might be changing it?

Does it change if you have no other software running? Some stuff runs in the background, of course, like a network sharing service.

Do you use homegroups and share media?

Does it always return to 72? If so, there may be a default setting somewhere and maybe one of the devices as cybercore is pointing out has a default setting.

Last edited:
no i don't have any mouse or keyboard shourtcuts. Yes it change, no other application weren't open (Winamp etc.). No I don't use homegroups and share media. It change randomly for example from 50 to 84, 100 to 13 etc...

You say you are running Winamp? Maybe it has something running that might be changing it.

If you mouse over the volume control, it shows the actual number. You may get into a habit of checking it frequently to see if you can track down when it changes.

The only other thing I might suggest is to open task manager and go through the processes to see if anything might have a possibility of changing the volume.

in task manager all task processes are good,there is nothing strange. Volume change randomly about 15 minutes

Does anybody have aby other ideas what can it be? Otherwise I have to do a "format",that option is not very good for me...

If you are going to reinstall, do not format, do a repair install. Basically you just do an upgrade from within Win 7. All your programs and data are maintained. You may have to re-activate.

I would probably first try uninstalling WinAmp....

I did like You said. Winamp was completely removed and I put WIn7 cd nad start "R" (repair system). Nothing happend, everything is alright:(

This may just be a difference of words, but you need the Install DVD to do a repair install.

Did you try opening an administrative command window and typing SFC /scannow then hit enter. Maybe some system file needs to be replaced.

I do like You said. After scanning it shows:Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. So in theory everything is "OK"

Back