Windows 7 Problem with the mouse, video card and Firefox

Afonso

Good afternoon. I'm new to the forum, but could you help me out solving the various problems that I have in my PC?

Everytime I start my user account this message appears:

imagemvej.png

I found out that this problem had to do with the mouse (which was from Microsoft) and, therefore, bought a new one, however the problem continues, probably for being from Microsoft too. I tried deleting the partition in which Windows 7 Ultimate x64 is installed and reinstalling it, as well as uninstalling the driver, but it didn't solve the problem. Meanwhile I returned to the old wired mouse (the new one is wireless), but then I discovered that it is necessary to turn off the a button in it, even after shutting down the computer, otherwise it runs out of batteries (it ran out of batteries). I went to MSConfig to search for a new entry in "Startup", but there is none!

The second problem is related with the installation of the video card´s drivers. Everytime I try to install the drivers of my video card (whether they are beta or not) Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT, it gives me an error, namely in the installation of the updater component (among others), i.e., by giving an error in the installation of that component, I have to manually update the software, which in turn, gives me an error again. I tried installing the software through DriverMax, but it gives me an error too! I thought that deleting the partition where Windows 7 Ultimate x64 is installed and reinstalling it would solve the problem, but it didn't! I already tried resetting the BIOS, like it was recommended, and, again, it didn't solve the problem! The current BIOS is not the original. When I had the original BIOS, this problem already happened! This is the image that appears:

semttuloozc.png

Lastly, the third problem consists in the fact of Firefox sometimes freezing when I open a link (in a new tab, for example) and only answering 1 minute later. Again, the reinstallation of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 doesn't solve the problem, as well as the reinstallation of the program.

Excuse me for my English, but I'm Portuguese. I registered here because the portuguese sites of help of software aren't very evolved (unfortunatelly), and the americans, apparently, are.

About the second image, the first component ("Actualizações da NVIDIA) means something like "Nvidia Update" and was not installed (it says "not installed"), the second ("O software do sistema PhysX") means something like "PhysX System Software" and was not installed either (it says "not installed"), the third was installed (3D Vision Controller), the fourth wasn't installed (it says it "failed") and the 5th and the 6th components were installed correctly.

Last edited:
The problems you show with the mouse are, of course, not normal. I see no reason for your install to be having a problem with a basic Microsoft mouse. Do these problems start just after the clean install, or are you letting Windows Update install Drivers for these devices?

For the video card, do you know what the Physx and other failing drivers are for? Have they loaded for that card on a previous install? If you can't get it to work, you might think about trying another video card.

For drivers, in Device Manager, if you uninstall the drivers, or maybe the device, it will give you the option to uninstall all drivers for the device. If you could take that option then reboot, maybe you could then load the drivers you want.

Before doing that, you might open the Advanced System Properties (Control Panel, System, Advance System Settings) and go to the Hardware tab and the Device Installation Settings button. Select the option to not allow Windows to install Hardware driver updates. After you try installing your drivers, you can turn it back on.

And anytime the system does not seem to be acting correctly, it is a good idea to run a system file check. You can open an Administrative command prompt and type SFC /scannow and let it finish to see if it shows any unrepairable files. The fact you have a new install, should mean it will complete successfully.

Tanks for helping me.

The problems you show with the mouse are, of course, not normal. I see no reason for your install to be having a problem with a basic Microsoft mouse. Do these problems start just after the clean install, or are you letting Windows Update install Drivers for these devices?

The problem with the mouse starts from the moment Windows 7 installs its driver. It isn't installed by Windows Update.

For the video card, do you know what the Physx and other failing drivers are for? Have they loaded for that card on a previous install? If you can't get it to work, you might think about trying another video card.

No, because I don't understand nothing about hardware. The video card is working, the only problem is that I cannot update its driver. I'll stay with it since it is not damaged (it could have worse problems).

And anytime the system does not seem to be acting correctly, it is a good idea to run a system file check. You can open an Administrative command prompt and type SFC /scannow and let it finish to see if it shows any unrepairable files. The fact you have a new install, should mean it will complete successfully.

I already tried that, but it didn't solve the problems.

I was told, in the portuguese forum, that Microsoft Device Center (who's still in Beta stage), is an update to Microsoft Intellipoint and Microsoft Intellitype Pro. It is recommended to uninstall both of them before installing Device Center, but I don't have any of those programs. I had in the past Intellipoint, which was installed by Windows Update, but since some months it doesn't appear anymore in the list of updates of it. Maybe they removed it when Device Center was out, but Device Center doesn't appear in Windows Update too. Contrarily to Microsoft Intellipoint, who was not automatically installed (only installed through Windows Update or downloading the installer from sites), Microsoft Device Center is installed when the mouse is connected to the PC for the first time (when Windows installs its drivers). I was recomended to uninstall it, but it doesn't even appear in the list of my programs in Windows 7, nor in the folders "Programs" and "Programs (x86)", I think!

By the way, this problems also happen with Windows 7 x86 and other Windows 7 x64, whether they are installed through a DVD or a UFD!

Last edited:
Back