Problems installing HW in Win7 x64

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Hardware' started by Sontawila, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Sontawila

Sontawila New Member

Hi everyone,

I’ve just upgraded to a new system and installed Win7 x64 Ultimate. I’m still adapting to the new OS so I’m faced with some small problems that I can’t figure out the solutions to them. I was hoping that any of you guys could help solving them:

Keyboard issues:
    I got a MS Multimedia 600 Wired keyboard. Upon plugging it and installing the latest intelpoint drivers I get:
    1- Two keyboards under device manager one is labeled HID keyboard and another MS Multimedia 600 keyboard
    2- Sound function buttons not working (Calculator button works)
    3- Plugging it into PS2 converter – doesn’t work

I’ve tried the keyboard in another system and it works fine.

Mouse:
    I got a Razor Mamba mouse. I installed the latest driver and it seems to work fine however, in device manager it shows under Mouse: Generic HID mouse. Is this normal?

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

My system spec:
    Intel i7 3.2
    GIGABYTE x58a-ud5 rev 1.0 (bios updated) motherboard
    GIGABYTE ATI 5850 video card

2. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

well from my experience to have HID keyboard and HID mouse in device manager is normal, the key is in the Devices & Printers does it show the correct device names, if so then totally normal. I have the Razor deathadder and a Logitech keyboard that both do the same without any issues, as they are named correctly in the D&P screen. If the media buttons are not working it may just be an issue of compatibility to get the W7 driver working... but I hopefully another member here has that model to confirm the issue or not.

3. Sontawila

Sontawila New Member

Thanks Highwayman. I checked D&P and found the keyboard is correct (MS 600) and mamba dock. No mouse though. I downloaded the latest driver for MS intllpoint win7 x64 but still I'm having problems with the sound option. Any thoughts?

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

You may want to download an InteliType software. Check this Microsoft site and see if you can find one for your keyboard.